autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why do you use the brands you do, & not others??

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    No crap but can I ask reason why. Personally for me some products have been good but been a few misses too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not speaking for Monica here but some "cult" brands make their users kinda annoying because they either say each product from their company is best or refuse to even try something else.

Even companies like Griot's Garage and Gyeon have "average" products, hence why and how other products are found out about.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

2. Likes chilly, DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    "cult" brands
    Bwahahahaha

Exactly!!!

4. Likes DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But you can’t blame the brand. All major car companies have cult following for one car or another. Ford, Audi, Nissan….. pretty much both all major car brands have a “ cult following which can leave a bad taste in your

. I just stay away from their forum and just use the products that interest me.

I got rid of my jeep because I didn’t want to be in there cult and felt that way about mustangs before i drove one

6. Likes chilly, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

But you can’t blame the brand. All major car companies have cult following for one car or another. Ford, Audi, Nissan….. pretty much both all major car brands have a “ cult following which can leave a bad taste in your

I got rid of my jeep because I didn’t want to be in there cult and felt that way about mustangs before i drove one

There will always be those people ready and willing to drink the Koolaid

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

See "it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" (this excludes Monica, she's a trailblazer, NOT a follower!)

Post Thanks / Like

As many have mentioned it is difficult if not impossible to stick to a single brand. Few brands have all-star products across their entire lineups but I must say many must be close.... There are more good choices these days than bad ones. But, I will share what I personally look for and like to see from a brand.

1)Simple packaging. I don't buy products that try to attract you with pretty colors and scents(looking at you CG). Neither of those characteristics help the end result. If you can prove to me a wax lasts longer when it smells like bananas I'm all ears. That said, brands like Carpro and Nanoskin appeal to me. No frills. No pretty scents. Just quality products.

2)A brand doesn't offer multiple products that do the same exact thing and just look/smell different.(Again, looking at you CG). Some brands have cluttered and confusing lineups. Offering multiple products for the same task. Keep your lineup clean and lean please. I and some others appreciate it.

3)The brand doesn't make inaccurate or outrageous claims of product performance and or durability. Be it either a "wax stripping wash" or a "one-year coating", some products just don't live up to what they claim. Unfortunately, the only way to avoid this is to read product reviews on forums such as this or videos on YouTube. In my years of detailing as a hobby, tar and bug gut removes tended to be the most frequently disappointing. Thankfully, both of those fields are now loaded with solid choices.

This being said, if I HAD to chose one brand to live with, I would absolutely pick Carpro. The only product of theirs I have varying degrees of success with is their glass cleaner, Clarify. But it wasn't the products fault, it was the towels I was using. What worked with Stoners Invisible Glass didn't work as well with Clarify. Simple adjustment to make. Being I don't detail for profit product cost/value isn't as critical as it is to others who have overhead to consider. With that in mind, I would probably lean more towards a brand like Meg's for some things if value was more important to me.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

11. Likes CleanIT, PaulMys, DFB, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never tried so many brands in such a short period of time. Part of it is trial/error, fun, hobby, being a perfectionist, and part of it is also looking for the products I enjoy to use most.

13. Likes chilly, PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of the fun of detailing for me is the discovery and trial of new products. While I don't have one single favorite brand, I do have a collection from a few key brands.

For me, I have found CarPro to very consistent across their product line up. The standouts in my opinion are Reset, Eraser, Bug-Out, Hydr02, Reflect and Perl. I also love how they look sitting in the cabinet.

NV are another staple of my process. Snow, Onyx, Purge and their leather treatments are in regular use for me.

I have also been using a selection of Koch Chemie product in the last year. Pol Star, Green Star and TEA are standouts.

For microfiber, most of is from The Rag Company.

The rest of the chemical cabinet is a mixture of different brands including Gyeon, Stoners, Bowden's, Meguiar's, Poorboys, Shine Supply, Autoglym, Angelwax, P21S, Collinite, P&S, Scholl and Chemical Guys.

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Dislikes ddsski disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Koch Chemie is on my radar for next yearWhy do you use the brands you do, & not others??Why do you use the brands you do, & not others??

17. Likes DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My reasoning might not be the best, but I am one of those people that if you try to shove something down my throat and basically say “everything else is crap” than I immediately get a bad taste in my mouth.
    It’s happened with car manufacturers as well.

I just don’t see ANY brand having the answer to every need.
    Diversity!
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

19. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly, PaulMys, Klasse Act, Jayfro and 1 others liked this post
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast