autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Left wet car in garage after rain, out of town for 17 days

Hi, I live in south Florida and I left my car in the garage wet after it rained on October 1 and am now out of town and will be gone until October 17th when I return. I last drove the car on October 16 but I had to get something from the car on October 17 and saw there were still some undried water drops on the roof. Should I be worried about water spots? I was planning on claying the car and polishing and waxing anyway so will the polishing get rid of the water spots or should I do something else? Or do you think it will be ok and not have water spots? The paint color is white by the way. Thank you I’m just a bit worried because I usually try to baby the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Left wet car in garage after rain, out of town for 17 days

First I wouldn’t worry so much about your car. If you’ve got a good layer of sealant /wax or whatever on the car driving in the rain and then putting it away wet should not be a problem. I do it all the time and any spots I have from rain comes off immediately. I am also in South Florida. The water spots you Gotta worry about is when you park somewhere where the sprinklers will transfer lawn chemicals to your car and spot it , and then the sun etches it in. That’s a killer.
    Glen -

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    First I wouldn’t worry so much about your car. If you’ve got a good layer of sealant /wax or whatever on the car driving in the rain and then putting it away wet should not be a problem. I do it all the time and any spots I have from rain comes off immediately. I am also in South Florida. The water spots you Gotta worry about is when you park somewhere where the sprinklers will transfer lawn chemicals to your car and spot it , and then the sun etches it in. That’s a killer.
    Thanks, I actually don’t have any sealant or wax on the car right now though.. think it will still be ok?

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think lawn chemicals has anything to do with water spotting, but the minerals in the sprinkler water or the hose for that matter will cause hard water spotting.

Maybe a golf course might add chemicals to their sprinkler water, not likely. Dunno!!

5. Likes luckydawg liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4guy17 View Post
    Thanks, I actually don’t have any sealant or wax on the car right now though.. think it will still be ok?
    Since your planning on claying and polishing, it should take out any water spotting.

I would highly recommend that you keep your paint protected after polishing and thereafter.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks bro yeah I hear you about keeping it protected

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A4guy17 View Post
    No Without any protection it will spot, but the spots will come out with polishing.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Lawn chemicals will big time spot a car. Don’t ask me how I know…
    Glen -

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

No Without any protection it will spot, but the spots will come out with polishing.
    Ok ok thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Lawn chemicals will big time spot a car. Don’t ask me how I know…
    No doubt, not trying to be argumentative, but how does lawn chemicals get on cars after a rain?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast