autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for advice on new compound

Quote Originally Posted by luckydawg View Post
    I have used jescar & sonax cut max-- with the jester being better I thought

Recently obtained the Griots FCC & Megs 105-- plan to give them both a try pretty soon here
    I'm surprised you haven't used M105 (dust maker) in the past.

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    I'm surprised you haven't used M105 (dust maker) in the past.

True story.......
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the dusting has kept me from using it all this time- but was recently convinced that it wasn't as bad as some make it out to be. I have little doubt its dusty, I just really want to see for myself.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

FG 400 is still considered a great compound by many professionals. I don't think its outdated or anything. FYI

I've been told personally and read carpro's ultracut is their best correction liquid to date. It can finish out with the right pad and paint.

Post Thanks / Like

There's this dude down in Naples, FL that uses the GG creams to correct 100k+ cars.

Regular members know who I am referring to...........

That's a good enough testimonial for me.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes luckydawg, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for advice on new compound

Quote Originally Posted by kingweb50 View Post
    I have not compounded a car for a couple years now but looking for advice for what new product advances have come out. I previously have used menzerna heavy cut 400 and liked it at the time.

I bought a new vehicle but it sat on a dealers lot for about 9 months and the paint has quite a few imperfections because of that. It is white so I am looking for something that can be one step for cut and gloss. I plan on coating with cquartz uk and gliss afterwards.

The compounds I have been looking at are carpro ultracut and sonax cutmax. I would like something doesnt stain trim if accidentally gets on trim, lower dust level and finishes well so do not have to polish afterwards. I will be using flex 3401 and have LC orange and white hybrid pads on hand so would like to use one of those. I am not set on either of those compounds so if something different would be suggested I am open to suggestions.
    Can’t go wrong with either of these two compounds. Ultracut is easier to wipe off.

Both don’t dust.

Tape off trim to to avoid any staining.

I would still finish with a polish for increased gloss.

9. Likes luckydawg, TTQ B4U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the CarPro Ultra Cut, and it's very good. Haven tried Sonax Cutmax, but I did like Ultimate Cut.

The CarPro should get you where you want to go, but it doesn't want to cut or finish to the level of Jescar Correction Compound. That being said, I'd bet that Jescar Medium Polish will get you where you want to go.

Jescar Medium Polish consistently cuts and finishes better than a lot of compounds out there. The first time I used it I wondered if they accidentally put the Correcting Compound in the bottles instead of the Medium.

Menzerna 2500 is another Medium Polish that has a great cut to finish ratio.

Sonax Cut and Finish reminds me a lot of the Jescar in results. It my favorite of their polishes that I tried (Ultimate Cut, Perfect Finish, NP 03-06).

Heck, 3D ONE might get you where you need too.

If be remiss if I didn't mention Meguiar's M110. Great cut and finish. Very reminiscent of the Jescar. Those two are my favorite compound, and the two that I use most.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    I have the CarPro Ultra Cut, and it's very good. Haven tried Sonax Cutmax, but I did like Ultimate Cut.

The CarPro should get you where you want to go, but it doesn't want to cut or finish to the level of Jescar Correction Compound. That being said, I'd bet that Jescar Medium Polish will get you where you want to go.

Jescar Medium Polish consistently cuts and finishes better than a lot of compounds out there. The first time I used it I wondered if they accidentally put the Correcting Compound in the bottles instead of the Medium.

Sonax Cut and Finish reminds me a lot of the Jescar in results. It my favorite of their polishes that I tried (Ultimate Cut, Perfect Finish, NP 03-06).

If be remiss if I didn't mention Meguiar's M110. Great cut and finish. Very reminiscent of the Jescar. Those two are my favorite compound, and the two that I use most.
    What machine do you use?

I might pickup Jescar medium very soon. I can get a small 4oz sample from my main supplier.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post

Surprised Meguia'r has not solved the dusting with their M110 compound. I do agree with you on the cut and finish but the dusting is what keeps me from using it. Which is where Ultracut and Cut Max have it beat in that regard. I find ultracut to finish out slightly better than cutmax but that is paint dependent as well.

Tried a sample of Jescar Correction Compound and it ended up in the the trash. I am not saying it was bad, as i did cut ok and finish out well. Just saying it didn't do anything to wow me from other compounds.

3D One is fine but can be a bit oily to wipe off. Perfect Finish to me gives a better finish over 3D One.

Just goes to show that everyone finds a preference on what they like.

Post Thanks / Like

If you didnt like the jescar- you should have given it away instead of wasting it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast