autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who says Wax is dead?

I finally had time this weekend to overhaul the outside of the car today...plus the weather was much cooler compared to our typical weather!

Thursday night I did a complete wash and mechanical decontamination using the Nanoskin Fine Mitt the paint felt like sandpaper but it was super easy to plow through without a lot of marring, smooth as a baby’s.::you know! ...makes me think the soap I’ve been using doesn’t have a ton of cleaning power, hmmm.

After the morning workout, I foamed and rinsed the car since it was just a little dusty, and she was ready to be spruced up.

I used my HF Hand/Body/Teeth Massager with BF One Step with seven LC White Pads and one LC Orange Pad for the drivers side door to try to reduce a couple of scratches. As expected she turned out looking good and only took about two hours to polish.

To finish her off and to make her pop, I reached for my new DoDo Juice Black Widow Wax. I went around the car using the foam finger applicator (not a fan), application took a little longer than I expected but I finally covered everything.

While I was waiting for it haze, I decided to RW the wife’s X3, we made a road trip to Oxford Mississippi last weekend to see our daughter at Ole Miss and the X3 was a little dirty. I must say 303 Graphene that is on her car performed very nicely given that we hit rain on the way, while we were there, and on the way home, the self cleaning was off the charts!

Back to the Acura, I grabbed a couple of MF towels and plowed through the removal, it wasn’t bad at all other than the couple of spots that I applied a little too much.

The slickness Black Widow left behind reminded me of Beadmaker but it popped like mad not to mention it really brought out the metallic flake throughout the car, not just a couple of spots...Black Widow was designed for darker metallic paint...let me say DoDo Juice did not disappoint!! Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may apply a second coat!

To finish off the car, I hit the tires and wheels with Brake Buster and a few brushes, topped the wheels off with DoDo Juice Red Mist and the tires with DP Gloss Tire Gel, I was going to use BF Trim and Tire Sealant but it’s supposed to rain Tuesday and Wednesday, didn’t want to waste it!

Thank you for your time!

Wax ain’t dead!!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who says Wax is dead?

That's a fresh fleet!

It seems there's a resurgence in wax since Gyeon came out with theirs earlier this year! It's going to be interesting to see who does what nextWho says Wax is dead?Who says Wax is dead?Who says Wax is dead?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt that wax works great and gives you a great reflection and gloss. My problem is they just don’t last long enough. They were fine when I was hip deep in Detailing as a young man and didn’t mind waxing my car every month or two, but as I got older, I just didn’t wanna do it that often, but I still demand a clean/glossy car. The only other problem I have is that the good ones are more expensive than the sealants I use now.
    Glen -

4. Likes vobro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    There is no doubt that wax works great and gives you a great reflection and gloss. My problem is they just don’t last long enough. They were fine when I was hip deep in Detailing as a young man and didn’t mind waxing my car every month or two, but as I got older, I just didn’t wanna do it that often. The only other problem I have is that the good ones are more expensive than the sealants I use now.
    It's true the Gyeon Wax, at $54, isn't cheap but isn't really that much for a premium product. Collinite #915, w/o looking it up, isn't that much cheaper but Gyeon is more expensive than others for sure. I think there's something for everybody out there without a doubt!

The nice thing about Gyeon Wax is that's its made to put ontop of a coating, as well as a stand alone too. I think some make the 30 minute cure time an issue with Gyeon Wax but when you think about it, you start where ever you start applying it and by the time that process is done you follow the same routine for removal and your good to go, no problem.

While I'm posting this I'm thinking about Duragloss #111/601. This combo was very popular when I first joined AG over 9 years ago. Mixing these at a 3:1 ratio allowed you to stack them ontop of each other, back to back 2 coats and was VERY easy to remove as well. Then there's the gloss..."candy like"! I remember doing MANY layers on my then new 2011 Honda CR-Z. Who knows, maybe this is "the next thing"Who says Wax is dead?Who says Wax is dead?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Wax/sealants has never been dead to me. Your cars look great!
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

7. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I still have some Blue Velvet and Diamond White leftover, I bought them well over 10 years ago and I'm only halfway through them. I also have Collinite 845 on the shelf. I love a good wax.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Wax is all I use for my ride. I have done the ceramic coating, sealant and wax. WAX is all I use. IMO there is no other LSP that shows depth and brilliance like a wax.

One wax I really like is Pinnacle Souveran Wax. On my 3rd jar. I have others that I use too! I use wax on my ride as well as my friends only.

WAX IS NOT DEAD!

KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

10. Likes Big Dave, John U, DFB, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing but wax here too. My Accord is due for some more and I'm looking forward to it.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

For me, wax is pretty much dead. Considering how durable most consumer waxes are, a wash with Duragloss rinseless or an SIO2 soap gives me enough protection till the next wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Black Widow is part of DoDo’s hybrid line. Glow of Carnauba with the protection of a sealant.

Durability is stated at 4-6 months. Pretty solid for a Wax.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast