autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Master Blaster MB-3CD vs 36V Leaf Blower ?

I have Makita cordless hand held tools, one of which is an 18V blower, 219mph/113 cfm. It is basically a small leaf blower. Concentrated air into a small tube, creating speed, but not much volume.

While it works well on wheels and in getting some water off the vehicle, it doesn’t get it all off and I generally have to lightly run a BMF towel over it to dry completely.

I was thinking about getting an 36V Makita blower 120 mph/473 cfm for about $130. This is a full size leaf blower.

Has anyone used this or a different full size cordless blower and has anyone used it in comparison to say a Master Blaster MB-3CD?

The MB is almost 4 times as expensive, so if the battery blower works just as well, it obviously makes more sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Master Blaster MB-3CD vs 36V Leaf Blower ?

I use a B&D BV6600 corded blower. It's variable speed with velocities from 140-250 mph. I can't find the CFM spec but I think it's in the 400 neighborhood. Cost right around $100.00.

My experience with blowers is that corded models significantly outperform battery models. I have a cordless WORX blower that I use in my woodshop but it is practically useless when it comes to drying a car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    My experience with blowers is that corded models significantly outperform battery models. I have a cordless WORX blower that I use in my woodshop but it is practically useless when it comes to drying a car.
    The Worx blower isn’t in the same zip code as the latest Ego blowers in terms of motor power or battery power. While I agree with you they won’t have the power density of a wall outlet, if I didn’t have a dedicated car dryer, I’d still pick the Ego 10 times out of 10 vs my Toro blower that I use for leaf vacuuming now. No way would I deal with a power cord for just a little more power.

4. Likes dwaleke, PearTree liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    The Worx blower isn’t in the same zip code as the latest Ego blowers in terms of motor power or battery power. While I agree with you they won’t have the power density of a wall outlet, if I didn’t have a dedicated car dryer, I’d still pick the Ego 10 times out of 10 vs my Toro blower that I use for leaf vacuuming now. No way would I deal with a power cord for just a little more power.
    Yup, a Worx blower is not even the same ballpark as the Makita. I’m quite sure the 36V Lithium Ion one will easily keep up with many hand held gas blowers (I have a Stihl, but wouldn’t dare use a gas one on my cars).

Im just looking to find out if the big tube of the battery blower will force enough air in comparison to the MB one, which is heavily stepped down from a large tube, thus forces more air into a smaller outlet.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the McKees 37 Turbocar dryer and although it can be a bit cumbersome, it is a great dryer. I would prefer a cordless unit but I like the fact that the air is filtered. Leaf blowers are certainly powerful enough but they are not filtered and you can risk the chance of debris in the air.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a Master Blaster at one home and blower at another. No comparison...pay more, get more.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    I use a Master Blaster at one home and blower at another. No comparison...pay more, get more.
    How big is the blower?

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought the Makita. But I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I actually didn't buy it to get the blower. Amazon had it with (4) 5ah batteries and a charger for $329. I needed the batteries and they were about $100 a piece. So, I figured a free charger and blower, why not?

I also have a 2 motor metrovac blower. So, if I get the time and remember, I'll post back here later.

I really like the Makita 18v LXT system/tools and that's a good way to get (4) really good, high Ah batteries and a charger.

10. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Luv my master blaster A must have. When hanging on a garage wall with a extended hose. The use is unlimited. Blow my driveway. Clean filters. On and on.

Post Thanks / Like

Toro leaf blower… $40.
    6+ years old and still kills it.
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast