autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

FinishKare BWM-1 (formerly 1000p) topper

At the moment, I am detailing the cars to prep for the (NYC) winter. I will apply 3 coats of FK BWM-1 and will apply the last one in the first week of Nov. After that, I will wipe the car down with FK425 after every wash during winter.

Last year, I applied 3 coats but could not apply the last one. Maybe my prep was not good enough but I lost protection by January (So Sept-Jan). This year I took extra care and tried to be meticulous. I hope the protection lasts throughout the winter.

In the worst-case scenario, if I lose protection just like the last year, is there any sealant spray that I can top it up with until the spring? AFAIK, FK425 does not have any protection abilities.

In theory, I should be fine with any sealant as FinishKare's protection is gone but not too sure if that means it is gone enough for the new sealant to bond with the paint.

Thanks in advance, for all ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FinishKare BWM-1 (formerly 1000p) topper

I'd add a last coat as late as possible, it's only mid Sept. My car is coated but I always shoot for a good longer lasting topper during "Indian summer"FinishKare BWM-1 (formerly 1000p) topper

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Finish Kare offers the Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner for long term protection. I would apply the Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner first and then top it with the Hi-Temp Paste Wax during winter months for added protection. If you want to maintain it with a spray sealant I would recommend the Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant.

Finish Kare 218 Poly Wipe Sealant, polymer paint sealant, anti-static paint sealer, high temp sealant

Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax

BLACKFIRE SiO2 Spray Sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I'd add a last coat as late as possible, it's only mid Sept. My car is coated but I always shoot for a good longer lasting topper during "Indian summer"FinishKare BWM-1 (formerly 1000p) topper

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    That's the plan but my Raynaud's acts up as soon as it gets cold. I thought I could put a couple of coats now and sometimes in Oct. If I can't do whole car in a day, I would go panel by panel.

5. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B. View Post
    Finish Kare offers the Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner for long term protection. I would apply the Poly Wipe Sealant Conditioner first and then top it with the Hi-Temp Paste Wax during winter months for added protection. If you want to maintain it with a spray sealant I would recommend the Blackfire SiO2 Spray Sealant.
    Thank You, @Bobby B.
    Since I have already applied 2 coats, I can't use 218 now, right? I will keep this in mind for the next year. BWM-1 tub is going to last me for a while.
    I will get Blackfire SiO2 spray sealant.