autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Xpel stealth ppf

I just picked up a white bmw m3 and want to have it wrapped in xpel stealth ppf. I have a few questions as I have never had ppf before.

Since stealth is a satin ppf do I need to do a light paint correction prior to taking it to have it wrapped?

If still recommend to do a light correction prior to wrap, would just a coat of wax be placed after correction to give some sort of top coat for the drive from my house to the place doing the ppf?

I read doing a ceramic coating on top of the ppf improves film life and gives same easy wash etc. Since the film is satin, do you need a matte specific ceramic or will something like cquartz uk which I have on hand be ok to coat with without adding gloss?

If I ceramic coat myself after driving home after ppf, what is best used for prep prior to ceramic coating?

Maintenance washing after ppf and ceramic coating. Does a matte specific soap need to be used for the ppf like matte paint or does that not make a difference for the ppf?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Xpel stealth ppf

i work with ppf ,so here is my input .
    it the car is new/ in good shape , than claybar should be ok before ppf.

you can have a wetsand spot and wrap it in ppf and the car will look normal , is how much the ppf covers.

i usually tell me clients , save the polish when you remove the ppf, if not needed before install....

is a whole misinformation about polish before ppf / if the car is in good shape ( read no scratches or scuffs) or is new than no polish needed.
    plus by polish before ppf most likely higher chances you end up with dust under the film ...etc

the only thing you should no do is ceramic before ppf , so it can adhere with no issues....
    Detail Luxury and Exotics in Austin area
    @proreflection
    www.proreflection.com

3. Likes BadRims, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Xpel stealth ppf

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post

the only thing you should no do is ceramic before ppf , so it can adhere with no issues....
    Respectfully disagree on ceramic. I've been working with PPF and wraps for nearly 20yrs and we ceramic every job prior. There a no issues with adhesion. It actually aids in removal too.

Part of my offering is that we offer ceramic over too of it upon a complimentary follow up service anytime after.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)