autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meguiar's D115

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's D115

I used Griot's Rinseless a few years ago and really liked it. Worked great. I think they are all pretty close.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I tested the Megs UWW&W and Opti-Clean on paint and on bathroom mirror. The Megs streaked less and dried clearer, quicker, but not by much. I'd say they are very comparable.

Honestly, I'm wondering if ONR or equivalent type product diluted is better than both Opti-Clean and UWW&W for quick touch up of semi-dusty/dirty paint? Waterless washing is pushing it IMO.

The guy from Forensic Detailing tested all of them and ONR (in his tests) showed the least scratches on a test panel. That is something to consider as well.
    I like that you have an open mind and aren’t hesitant to try new things.Meguiar's D115

3. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Mckee's N914 is my favorite product this season. It was a game changer for me in my situation has a driveway detailer - no more tedious bucket wash and drying before machine polishing - waterless wash the panel(s) - sometimes pre-rinse with running water, clay with the same solution, clean up with the same solution again and start polishing.

I even used it to wash my pads 8:1.

It will be a staple for me for sure. Its one of my must have's and the value is crazy good like ONR.

I will still use bucket + rinseless washes for maintenance but i think its great for prep work before polishing. I kinda got the idea from a regular poster here actually, 21black or something.

Edit: It was 2black1s, thanks man if you see this post. It made my detailing/polishing season ALOT more enjoyable.

5. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    ... I will still use bucket + rinseless washes for maintenance but i think its great for prep work before polishing. I kinda got the idea from a regular poster here actually, 21black or something.

Edit: It was 2black1s, thanks man if you see this post. It made my detailing/polishing season ALOT more enjoyable.
    Thanks. I don't know what or where I said whatever it is that inspired you, but I'll take your word for it.

7. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, CleanIT liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Thanks. I don't know what or where I said whatever it is that inspired you, but I'll take your word for it.
    I believe you just done a quick polish on your neighbors hood, it was maybe back in the spring when i read it.

I can't remember but i believed you used ONR. Or it could of been something else.

I did kinda see/read the method a few times before your specific post but it was like a light bulb movement!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I believe you just done a quick polish on your neighbors hood, it was maybe back in the spring when i read it.

I can't remember but i believed you used ONR. Or it could of been something else.

I did kinda see/read the method a few times before your specific post but it was like a light bulb movement!
    Got it! I remember that thread/post. I was reviewing my new Rupes Mille.

I don't remember what I used for the waterless... It might have even been simply a wet towel.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m becoming a big fan of RWs. I have ONR and have used Griots. They work really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes noorth liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Got it! I remember that thread/post. I was reviewing my new Rupes Mille.

I don't remember what I used for the waterless... It might have even been simply a wet towel.
    Thats what it was! You were reviewing the mille.

I "think" you used a waterless maybe not. I could of just read you use just water and i thought a waterless would help even more...not sure man lol

That is the thread though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123