autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AIO or other product?

I'm looking for a product that will clean the paint and put down a nice layer of protection at the same time. I really don't want to remove clear coat but if it doesn't cut much ill just use a wax pad instead of polishing pad to help even more. The reason is that my wife just got a tahoe and damn its alot of real estate to cover. Its a darker gunmetal with metallic flake My got to for my tacoma is blackfire wet diamond gloss enhancing polish. then the sealant, then top with the black ice hybrid. I really don't want to do all those steps with it as it would take me (by myself) forever. I have some Klasse but i feel like there might be something better. Not that Klasse is bad but just wanting to see what the experts say. Would an all in one from say blackfire or the like be my best bet or what other options are there?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO or other product?

Blackfire One Step and 3D Speed seem to be the most popular AIO's on autogeek. Since you already have some blackfire LSP's and in case you decide to top up the tahoe i would go with blackfire just for that reason.

I'm sure someone will chime in about the differences of the 2.

3. Likes lucky417 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use Blackfire AIO one step....then top it with Blackfire SIO2 spray sealant....3D speed like noorth said is also a good product...I just never used it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    I also use Blackfire AIO one step....then top it with Blackfire SIO2 spray sealant....3D speed like noorth said is also a good product...I just never used it...
    I have (and use) both. Speed is every bit as good as BF One Step, and in my opinion leaves the paint way slicker.

BF gets the nod for correction ability (but not by much).

Also note: The metallic will hide a ton of smaller imperfections. Either product will work great for you.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I have (and use) both. Speed is every bit as good as BF One Step, and in my opinion leaves the paint way slicker.

BF gets the nod for correction ability (but not by much).

Also note: The metallic will hide a ton of smaller imperfections. Either product will work great for you.

I was leaning towards blackfire but i really didnt want to remove clear coat if possible. Would using a sealant (black hex logic) pad reduce to cutting by a discernable difference? Or do all AIO remove some clear? Im just worried that using it a couple times a year over several years might cut through the clear or damage paint

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucky417 View Post
    I was leaning towards blackfire but i really didnt want to remove clear coat if possible. Would using a sealant (black hex logic) pad reduce to cutting by a discernable difference? Or do all AIO remove some clear? Im just worried that using it a couple times a year over several years might cut through the clear or damage paint
    You should not be using an aio or polish...hell any abrasives for that matter more than ONCE a year. Your washing your vehicles all wrong if you need to do that.

Why not polish it once and ceramic coat it??...then maintain it by regular washes for then next 2-3 years...with the yearly iron remover bath. Way less labor intensive if you ask me

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The amount of clear that you would be removing is negligible with an AIO product. And, if you keep the paint in good condition with the proper washing/detailing techniques, you will have very little correcting to do.

This means that after washing and decon/claying, you will be able to simply do a quick "once-over" with your AIO.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

11. Likes Paul A., Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say you've got 20 or 30 years or more to go before you start worrying about clear-coat removal.

But if you can't wrap your head around that and the concern remains, try something like Meguiar's OTC Cleaner Wax in the maroon bottle. It's a really good non-abrasive AIO.

13. Thanks noorth thanked for this post
    Likes lucky417, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    You should not be using an aio or polish...hell any abrasives for that matter more than ONCE a year. Your washing your vehicles all wrong if you need to do that.

Why not polish it once and ceramic coat it??...then maintain it by regular washes for then next 2-3 years...with the yearly iron remover bath. Way less labor intensive if you ask me

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    I dont/wont use it for corrective value, just protection. Im just trying to make it easier to maintain hence why I was looking at AIO since they clean and laydown a layer of protection at the same time. Ive looked at ceramic coating but I have no confidence in me not screwing it up lol. What ceramic coat you like?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I'd say you've got 20 or 30 years or more to go before you start worrying about clear-coat removal.

But if you can't wrap your head around that and the concern remains, try something like Meguiar's OTC Cleaner Wax in the maroon bottle. It's a really good non-abrasive AIO.
    Ill look into meguiars. Ive found their products to be hit or miss though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast