autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO or other product?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky417 View Post
    I dont/wont use it for corrective value, just protection. Im just trying to make it easier to maintain hence why I was looking at AIO since they clean and laydown a layer of protection at the same time. Ive looked at ceramic coating but I have no confidence in me not screwing it up lol. What ceramic coat you like?
    If you're not taking advantage of the correcting properties of an AIO, use a straight sealant. It's going to be much more durable.

2. Likes noorth, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    If you're not taking advantage of the correcting properties of an AIO, use a straight sealant. It's going to be much more durable.
    Even though the OP is not really looking for corrective abilities, an AIO is still the most appropriate product type for the circumstances.

There is always going to be road film to deal with and that is where the AIO comes into play. A straight sealant or wax won't remove the road film.

4. Likes PaulMys, lucky417, opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    Even though the OP is not really looking for corrective abilities, an AIO is still the most appropriate product type for the circumstances.

There is always going to be road film to deal with and that is where the AIO comes into play. A straight sealant or wax won't remove the road film.
    Bingo.

My truck is getting its yearly "exfoliation" tomorrow. The machine polishing will be only about 5% correction, and 95% "polishing" in the true sense of the word.

This is possible because I use good techniques to wash/clean the paint year-round.

I think too many guys/gals get the idea that using a machine to correct/polish is some kind of torture test on the paint every time. When in fact, it is the most beneficial step of all for achieving the most satisfactory results.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

6. Likes chilly, lucky417, opie, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. I need something that will cleanse the paint, remove any old waxes/sealants and lay down protection at the same time. at best id like a slight corrective property. Like I said ive been using Klasse and its ok.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, with some mechanical input, either from your arm or a machine. But clay or one of it's synthetic counterparts would do this as well.

Bottom line, a quality AIO isn't going to take away much clear in 4-5 passes, give some correction and give some protection. I do an AIO once a year to polish things up and a quality sealant for the winter when I want durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Just get the Blackfire One step....

Like 2black1's said---gonna take 20 years before you need to worry! (Note: he's a painter and he knows what he is talking about!)

And spray down some Blackfire sealant couple times a year.

You'll be fine---don't overthink.

Mr Tommys
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

10. Thanks 2black1s thanked for this post
    Likes noorth, Eric7810 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Just get the Blackfire One step....
    Ditto that comment. BF One Step is so easy to use, and the BF Hybrid Wax goes great over top of it. I typically use Lake Country white polishing pads and the combo works great.

Post Thanks / Like

BF is very very good for exactly what you're asking.

The only thing better is DG501, white pad then an eraser* wipe down. Then 1 X Gyeon CanCoat.

* Or a mix of 1/3 acetone + 2/3 original Windex. Better than Eraser.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lucky417 View Post
    I dont/wont use it for corrective value, just protection. Im just trying to make it easier to maintain hence why I was looking at AIO since they clean and laydown a layer of protection at the same time. Ive looked at ceramic coating but I have no confidence in me not screwing it up lol. What ceramic coat you like?
    I buy from a local pro outfit near me in PA. Never tried any coatings from AGO. Nor have i tried a one step. Sounds like that might be your best choice for what your looking for.

Could always try cancoat or similar as paul a suggested. Ive never tried it. But many others on here have, and can attest to it.

And dont be scared to try a coating lol. It is not that hard...seriously, just have to pay attention a little. Makes the paint look like glass!AIO or other product?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Lucky 417....I am not an expert but doing my own cars for 60 yearsI am 80 now and still do my cars......you hva experts here giving you advise....go with Blackfire AIO one step...it cleans ...polishes and protects its easy on clearcoat....then between use Blackfire SIO2 sealant...you will be happy...both products go on and off easy..

15. Likes Jayfro liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast