autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jescar & Collinite

Although some swear by Collinite 845, a recent YouTube comparo placed it at the bottom of the pack for durability and gloss. Since durability is its main selling point I was a bit disappointed. The reviewer said its age is showing against all the newest technologies, so would have to go with Jescar.

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would beg to differ regarding the durability of 845. I used it for years and it stands up against any of the modern sealants. I recently tried out Wolfgang's SIO2 Sealant and while they are very different in many ways they held up about the same, with the Wolfgang having a bit of an edge. 845 will last you six months, which tends to be about the lifespan of most reputable sealants these days.

Here is my long term test from several years ago. Head-to-Head cage match - Klasse SG vs. Collinite 845
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Likes CleanIT, DFB, PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Jescar is now infused with ceramic.
    Could you elaborate on the ceramic part? I have the Power Lock plus Sealant I've used on my cars and the container nor the website doesn't say anything about a ceramic content. They do make a ceramic liquid spray wax though. I want to use this on a new zero turn mower to seal up the paint before I use it this spring. I also have some 845 but now thinking the Jescar may be a better product for this purpose. Both are easy to apply and some apply the 845 over the top of the Jescar or just two coats of the Jescar and call it good. Any comments appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtndriver View Post
    Could you elaborate on the ceramic part? I have the Power Lock plus Sealant I've used on my cars and the container nor the website doesn't say anything about a ceramic content. They do make a ceramic liquid spray wax though. I want to use this on a new zero turn mower to seal up the paint before I use it this spring. I also have some 845 but now thinking the Jescar may be a better product for this purpose. Both are easy to apply and some apply the 845 over the top of the Jescar or just two coats of the Jescar and call it good. Any comments appreciated.
    Jescar Ultra Lock+

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Jescar is now infused with ceramic.
    Does the Jescar Ultra Lock Ceramic Polymer Sealant come off as easy as Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

I put Jescar Power Lock on with Colinite 845 in October and it last me all the way to the following April and I live in Michigan.

9. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I raise your Power Lock+ one Ultra Lock Plus+

Two coats 24 hours apart lasted through an Ohio winter with great performance from October to, I can confidently say, March. That wasn't topped with anything, just a wash about once a month with Carpro Reset.

That said, I recently tried 845 on my pellet smoker and it appears to be holding up ok lol.
    2019 GLI 35th Edition DSG in Pure Grey w/ OEM+ IS38 turbocharger and various bolt-ons.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ray & Paula View Post
    Does the Jescar Ultra Lock Ceramic Polymer Sealant come off as easy as Jescar Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant?
    Yes, it does. Actually a little easier. I just put two layers of it on my garage queen 911, about 24 hours apart. The gloss is better than Power Lock Plus too, to my eye.

12. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd consider Ultra Lock + with their Ceramic Spray Wax.

Jeff Silver from Jescar was saying you only need to wait for 3 hours between coats.

14. Likes PouncingPanzer liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking Ultra Lock+ and Jescar Ceramic Spray Wax too, but it looks like the Spray Wax is "synthetic wax."

Depends what you're looking for, but I wanted a warmer, carnauba-like look. And figured a synthetic wax probably wasn't going to provide that.

Ended up going back to Collinite 845 over the two layers of Ultra Lock+. Now that looks outstanding. Better than I recall the PowerLock+ and Collinite 845 looking.

The only time I can remember the car looking better was with a premium paste wax over PowerLock+, but then the wax layer is gone very quickly. Based on past experience, I expect the Collinite will last many months.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast