autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Maguiar’s Hyperwash in Foam Cannon

I have been using Maguair’s Gold Glass in my foam cannon, but recently ordered some Hyperwash from AG but cannot find how much I should add to the foam cannon. I have read anywhere from 1oz to 4oz. What is recommended to ensure lubricity, but not waste or have to rinse excessively to ensure nothing if left on when I apply a sealant? (I also ordered the Wolfgang SiO2 sealant to try - I have always used Powerlock in the past)

I decontaminated, polished, and put Powerlock on in the spring but now want to wash and try the Wolfgang SiO2 sealant. I also ordered the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 so I can do maintenance rinseless washes and have some Uber SiO2 mixed up as a detailer for quick touch ups. I had been using the regular WG Uber for rinseless and detailer, but figured I’d I was going to use the SiO2 sealant I would try the Si02 Uber for the rinseless and detailing. (Also used the WG WETS on all the exterior trim when i detailed this spring - been happy with the WG products so far).

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Maguiar’s Hyperwash in Foam Cannon

I'm not sure how much for a foam cannon....certainly not a lot. I love Hyper Wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I'm not sure how much for a foam cannon....certainly not a lot. I love Hyper Wash.
    yea, a few posts say 1oz, but I saw another with 4oz. Just thought I’d check to see if anybody in AG has an answer. Have you used Gold Class as well? Do you prefer Hyperwash? I’m not really sure of the difference but have read a lot of people recommend Hyperwash.

Post Thanks / Like

I use 2 oz and get some really nice foam with great lubricity, and this is with a cheapo greenworks pressure washer and cheapo amazon foam cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a SunJoe SPX3000, and my MTM PF22 foam cannon has the 1.1mm orifice in it.....I add 2oz of HW to your cannon and fill the rest with warm water. As a side note, you will like the WG SIO2 sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I have a SunJoe SPX3000, and my MTM PF22 foam cannon has the 1.1mm orifice in it.....I add 2oz of HW to your cannon and fill the rest with warm water. As a side note, you will like the WG SIO2 sealant.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a Generac 7122 (3200 psi, 2.7 gpm) and the MATCC foam cannon. I’m happy with the setup using Maguiar’s Gold Class - just heard a lot of good about the Hyperwash. Not sure of the difference but I thought I’d give it a try. Sounds like 2oz of Hyperwash per tank may be what I need

Looking forward to the WG SiO2 sealant. Always been happy with the Menzerna Powerlock but it seems the WG SiO2 may be a step up

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand your imperial (Aussie here) system so I'm just going to use a dilution ratio

I have had good success at about 1:8 with HW with my electric pressure washer (2600 PSI).

Post Thanks / Like

I use 1-2oz HW in my cheapie foam cannon that holds 1L. Seems to work well. 1oz for quick washes, Foamier with 2oz when its a bit dirtier...
    ·Ï¢årµ§·

Post Thanks / Like

2 oz with a foam booster in a quality foam cannon will get you a great amount of thick snow foam. I use the Blackfire foam booster and it really adds foaming capability to even cheap soap.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.