autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Painting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?

I bought a new home with the wife 2 months ago. Now I am getting around to getting the garage finished to turn into my dream detailing/wrenching garage. haha

Size of garage is 20x20.

I was doing some quick reading, and I saw a recommendation of using more matte paint for a garage, to help with reflection when doing any paint correction. I even saw suggestions of going full matte black in the whole garage.

Dunno if the wife would like that haha. Any suggestions or clarification from the pros on here?

Or heck--any tips in general?

My only concern is where the dry wall meets the concrete sides of the garage. I am assuming I'll have to use a good waterproof paint you'd use in the bathroom.

Anyway--let me know your thoughts, gang!

Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Painting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?

I am currently "finishing" my garage also (drywall tape seams were horrible so I am doing a lot of mudding to make them somewhat disappear....). I am going with flat white Behr Scuff Defense paint. The white helps brighten the space and, so far, the scuff defense is holding true to its name. I hung two custom built shelves on the one wall I have painted so far, and not a single mark on the wall from hanging, shifting, etc. the shelves. I would be sure to get a good drywall primer as well before painting.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Painting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by rockford33 View Post
    I am currently "finishing" my garage also (drywall tape seams were horrible so I am doing a lot of mudding to make them somewhat disappear....). I am going with flat white Behr Scuff Defense paint. The white helps brighten the space and, so far, the scuff defense is holding true to its name. I hung two custom built shelves on the one wall I have painted so far, and not a single mark on the wall from hanging, shifting, etc. the shelves. I would be sure to get a good drywall primer as well before painting.

Looks like you have no room for your car.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Looks like you have no room for your car.
    Not yet.....

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of stuff on the walls. Where's the flat screen going. Around where I'm at, that's a must have.

I agree with you on 'paint it white'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    A lot of stuff on the walls. Where's the flat screen going. Around where I'm at, that's a must have.

I agree with you on 'paint it white'.
    Beer fridge before Flat Screen. All day long.........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes FUNX650, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

•Sherwin-Williams’ Contractor White:
    -in Eggshell Sheen/Finish
    -Light Reflective Value (LRV): ~73

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

9. Thanks Matador thanked for this post
    Likes Prange liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Painting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?-img_3813-jpgPainting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?-63935218595__0fb26e86-8d41-4f6e-a365-2ceaa6a0d32e-jpg

I went with an eggshell pure white in my garage mainly for brightness. I have a 32x32 garage with ten 8' LED light strips for lighting. I can't remember the exact LED light color, but it's what is supposed to be the closest to sunlight. I also have an epoxy floor finish. I used 3/8" OSB siding ripped to 4" wide and painted charcoal for my base boards (you can see them real well in the Harley pic). I caulked around the base to keep water from getting behind it. I'm real happy with the combination, its great for working light and I think it takes great pics for customers/website. Notice the beer fridge is installed as well!!

Painting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?-img_4114-jpgPainting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?-img_4036-jpgPainting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?-img_4385-jpgPainting my new garage. What colors work best for a garage when it comes to detailing?-img_4251-jpg

11. Likes PaulMys, Prange, FUNX650, hoyt66 liked this post