autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Adding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

First off I have to say that Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 has been one of the few products that has impressed me. Self cleaning is REAL, shine is real and the longevity is real too... So I have a clapped out daily driver ( rust, never wash it etc ) and I applied Griots ceramic 3-in-1 to it with only a fast bucket wash as prep and its still beading after about 4 months. Still beads and hasnt been washed since then.. truly impressed.

Now on to my question. I was wondering if I could add some 3-in-1 Ceramic to the Ceramic Speed Shine to just give the Speed Shine a bit more protection. I dont see it being an issue, but maybe its advised not to for some reason? I emailed Griots asking them , twice, and have not heard anything back...

thoughts?

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

3 in 1 should be the base, Ceramic Speed Shine as the boosterAdding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

4. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    3 in 1 should be the base, Ceramic Speed Shine as the boosterAdding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

Klasse Act is correct!

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I have now, but I was wondering if I could make the Speed Shine a bit stronger with added 3-in-1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    This is what I have now, but I was wondering if I could make the Speed Shine a bit stronger with added 3-in-1
    Well yeah because 3 in 1 is stronger than CSSAdding Griots Ceramic 3-in-1 to Griots Ceramic Speed Shine - Boosting Speed Shine?

Post Thanks / Like

The css will only last like a month so the 3in1 on top of it would only last that long

Post Thanks / Like

So I have to ask why would you not just use the 3 in 1 exclusively? You’ve already stated it performed well and now want to add it to a product that doesn’t last as long to make it last longer. The 3 in 1 works well as a stand alone,drying aid and isn’t known to cause issues on using it often

11. Likes DUBL0WS6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    So I have to ask why would you not just use the 3 in 1 exclusively? You’ve already stated it performed well and now want to add it to a product that doesn’t last as long to make it last longer. The 3 in 1 works well as a stand alone,drying aid and isn’t known to cause issues on using it often
    I've never even thought of using it as a drying aid, CSS yes but not 3 in 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    Do you mean mix the two liquids? I guess you could, but for how easy the 3 in 1 is to use, I'd just re-up with that. Just used it as a drying aid on the Mrs' car and it went really well, hardly used much also.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never even thought of using it as a drying aid, CSS yes but not 3 in 1.

I take care of my parents cars, they live in the city and have no room for me storing things there so I just keep a few items there. I was using OptiSeal,Aquawax and now use the 3 n1, works great at 1 mist into a towel per panel and I’ve seen no issues with stacking it at a monthly rate and both cars are going strong at 10 months

15. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act, oneheadlite, CleanIT liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast