autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Menzerna Polishes

This past weekend I decided to finish up polishing the hood and doors of my beast of a truck 08 black 4x4 tundra double cab. I was using the final polish with a white pad but seemed like it broke down with one pass and then dried up. This didn't happen before, could it be that the humidty was almost none existent that day? I read the Menzerna Polish Methology post and it mentions misting the pad, the bottle suggests misting the truck. I did try the misting ,but again it seemed to break down so much faster than before and the pad was very gummed up. I now have these these very small white spots from the the dried polish and particles everywhere. Next time I think I will try it on more humid days. Anyone else experienced this before?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Menzerna Polishes

Priming a Pad:
    Lightly mist the foam pad with distilled water; it should be damp, not wet. Raise the trailing edge very slightly so that front 1/3rd of the foam pad is in contact with the surface (avoid using pressure or the backing plate may cut into the foam pad). Apply the product until the pad is evenly saturated with product (usually a minute or two) Product will actually be soft due to heat build-up, and then transition from a tilted pad to full pad contact with the paint surface.

Note- a quick detailer’s (QD) spray usually uses an emulsion of water and silicon in order to enable the spry to atomise; some polishes (i.e. Menzerna) have a negative reaction with silicone and it can cause smearing

Also be aware that working outside you may have issues like excess humidity, heat, cold, etc that will affect there performance especially with the Nano polish (105FF) as it uses wax / oil as a lubricant (humidity / colder temps may cause the wax to harden)
    Last edited by TOGWT; 04-15-2008 at 03:03 AM.