autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats your favorite / go to interior detailer?

With everyone mentioning the d149, i think ill give that a try. Thinking back the reason i stopped using meguairs was something about vocs that im not sure was ever an issue to begin with.
    Price is good, and i do enjoy buying in bulk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    With everyone mentioning the d149, i think ill give that a try. Thinking back the reason i stopped using meguairs was something about vocs that im not sure was ever an issue to begin with.
    Price is good, and i do enjoy buying in bulk.
    Get the P&S express too. Cleans better if your detailing other cars and it is stupid cheap. I’ll absolutely spend stoopid money on carcare as my cars worth it.

That being said a lot of reviews touted it’s quality and Matt from Obsessed Garage uses it as his go to interior cleaner. It’s more than a QD but can be used as such.

I’m not a fan of the way he comes across in his video’s and haven’t purchased from him. One thing I have to give him though is I feel he spends a lot of time finding what’s best for non pro’s taking care of there cars..... quality over quantity and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes DFB, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Get the P&S express too. Cleans better if your detailing other cars and it is stupid cheap. I’ll absolutely spend stoopid money on carcare as my cars worth it.

That being said a lot of reviews touted it’s quality and Matt from Obsessed Garage uses it as his go to interior cleaner. It’s more than a QD but can be used as such.

I’m not a fan of the way he comes across in his video’s and haven’t purchased from him. One thing I have to give him though is I feel he spends a lot of time finding what’s best for non pro’s taking care of there cars..... quality over quantity and price.

Thanks for the advice! I picked up a gallon of meguiars apc. Its what ive seen the guy from detailgeek use for grimy areas. I figure anything i cant clean with the detailer, Diluted APC should handle. Down the road i want to get a steamer too.

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On my own cars, I never really needed an interior "cleaner", mainly because I'm generally just wiping away the dust and a damp microfibre will do that with ease. I did dress with 303 every few months though.

Now that I'm detailing a few cars on the side, I will do / use the following -

Maintenance details / return customers -
    Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer. This has enough "cleaning" ability for this type of job, and also leaves light protectant behind, saving me time being two products in one.

For really dirty or neglected interiors -
    I use an APC, Green Star at the moment, to do the heavy lifting before following up with a quick wipe over with Megs QID.

Initially, I didn't really like Megs QID because my use of interior products usually involved a dressing, which would leave a very obvious result. QID lacks this obvious "after" result, something I actually appreciate now, it leaves the interior looking fresh and not slick or shiny. I also like the scent and the time saving factor. I'm actually grabbing it as a go-to now, even on my own cars.

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been a Megs Quick Interior Detailer consumer for well over a decade. I do use 303 from time to time on my Jeep when I have the top off. But I still prefer the look of the Megs.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

9. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    On my own cars, I never really needed an interior "cleaner", mainly because I'm generally just wiping away the dust and a damp microfibre will do that with ease. I did dress with 303 every few months though.

Now that I'm detailing a few cars on the side, I will do / use the following -

Maintenance details / return customers -
    Meguiars Quick Interior Detailer. This has enough "cleaning" ability for this type of job, and also leaves light protectant behind, saving me time being two products in one.

For really dirty or neglected interiors -
    I use an APC, Green Star at the moment, to do the heavy lifting before following up with a quick wipe over with Megs QID.

Initially, I didn't really like Megs QID because my use of interior products usually involved a dressing, which would leave a very obvious result. QID lacks this obvious "after" result, something I actually appreciate now, it leaves the interior looking fresh and not slick or shiny. I also like the scent and the time saving factor. I'm actually grabbing it as a go-to now, even on my own cars.
    I feel the same. Every time I'd use a product that leaves something behind, I end up being disappointed in it over time as it would wear off unevenly (doors where water hits). So I'm back to liking products that leave very little to nothing behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

How is the look of P&S Express?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    How is the look of P&S Express?
    It looks great. Leaves the interior looking matte and new.

P&S is a cleaner though. No protection. Interior QD’s don’t leave my ch anyway. I use it once a month and Adam’s IQD for other times.

I coat with PBL Leather&vinyl coat. Best looking protectant I hace used

13. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice, thank you. I will have to try it.

Post Thanks / Like

DP Interior All-In-One cleans, shines and protects your plastic, leather and vinyl surfaces, keeping your interior looking as though you barely use it

Been using DP INTERIOR ALL IN ONE the last few weeks. I too can also appreciate the look now. NATURAL & CLEAN. Without that dressed greasy look.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

16. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast