autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some advice

I am a weekend warrior also....for a number of years...also I am an old timer...looking for an easy on and off product....I and a LOT of members here have been using Blackfire One Step...It cleans Polishes and protects...AIO...also top it with Blackfire SIO2 paint sealant...all I can say my car looks great..

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by weekend warrior View Post
    I am a weekend warrior also....for a number of years...also I am an old timer...looking for an easy on and off product....I and a LOT of members here have been using Blackfire One Step...It cleans Polishes and protects...AIO...also top it with Blackfire SIO2 paint sealant...all I can say my car looks great..
    Waxes don't layer. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I really enjoy AIO's too but i wouldn't apply any thing over it other then a quick spray wax/sealant. AIO's are super nice to work with but they will not remove defects like a true one step like 3D One and lake orange or rupes yellow. Thats just the way it is.

If they ever came out with an AIO that cut like 3D one and lasted 6 mths i think it would be hugely popular product.

For some context: Close to 2 mths ago i polished my bonnet with gyeon primer which is an AIO but with sio2 protection, the next day i topped it will polish angel high gloss. However, supposely a sio2 primer will bond to a top coat of my sio2. But that besides the point. That was just a quick polish, it left some light water spots it was that light of a cut but soon i will 1 step the bonnet with 3D1 and laydown a high solid coating. You want bare paint.

3. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Waxes don't layer. I'm not saying it doesn't look good. I really enjoy AIO's too but i wouldn't apply any thing over it other then a quick spray wax/sealant. AIO's are super nice to work with but they will not remove defects like a true one step like 3D One and lake orange or rupes yellow. Thats just the way it is.

If they ever came out with an AIO that cut like 3D one and lasted 6 mths i think it would be hugely popular product.

For some context: Close to 2 mths ago i polished my bonnet with gyeon primer which is an AIO but with sio2 protection, the next day i topped it will polish angel high gloss. However, supposely a sio2 primer will bond to a top coat of my sio2. But that besides the point. That was just a quick polish, it left some light water spots it was that light of a cut but soon i will 1 step the bonnet with 3D1 and laydown a high solid coating. You want bare paint.
    No, they will not remove as severe a defect as a dedicated polish, but they certainly will remove a good deal of them. Including the most common ones many are concerned with. (Swirls, lights RIDS and topical water-spotting).
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

5. Likes Rsurfer, noorth liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12