autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint decon and polish on my 2021 camaro

I iron decon 1st. Then rinse, wash, clay, etc.

2. Likes Jayfro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Unfortunately clay will not remove iron fallout. It will "shave" the tops of it but the imbedded parts will still be in the paint. Get yourself any iron remover as they all do the same thing. It won't melt off your paint. Just keep it away from plastics like the cowl to avoid the potential to stain.

Can't speak for those other products as I have not used those for claying.
    I decided to get some adams iron out.

If you plan to polish no need to focus on "stripping" anything off. An abrasive polish plus the mechanical action of the polisher will do the work for you. Also the cut of the pad. You could always add a little APC into your wash if you want to increase its cleaning ability.
    Will the iron remover still work pre coating removal?

The paint is white. Don't expect it to pop like a dark colored paint. White will appear brighter and in the right light it will be glossy. Any polish will achieve that. The questions is are you ready to step into the realm of a true coating or stick with a sealant or wax. There are pros ad cos to each product. So what are you really looking for here?
    This is probably my 9th white car and maybe the 5th or 6th ive done some level of polishing on. I definitely know im not getting that jaw dropping reflection, or 3 foot deep look. My issue is that the paint looks kind of flat, there isnt much dynamicism to it. Parked next to my white S4 the paint on the s4 pops more. The paint on my mustang (white) had a good look to it after running the Klasse polish. i had an 04 regal in white that i compounded and polished from a dull mess of swirls into a nice deep shimmering paint. (for a white car anyway) Im just trying to get the most i can out of the paint. I know what to expect from a white car in general. Im just hoping the chevy paint has some potential to it.

In terms of what i want for the rest of the summer, I want aesthetic more than anything. In the fall i will run a strip wash, some Gyeon surface prep, and apply the Griots ceramic coating in 2-3 layers, and ill maintain that with the ceramic wash and coat throughout the winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I iron decon 1st. Then rinse, wash, clay, etc.
    Thanks!

Will the iron decon work through the coating? If i remember right the iron decon is pretty good at stripping coatings.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post

The question is, should i add in a step of polish with m205 on a yellow pad after the clay, or will the essence handle any of the clay marring with the yellow pad?
    Essence will remove it. The test spot will let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post

Will the iron remover still work pre coating removal?

In terms of what i want for the rest of the summer, I want aesthetic more than anything. In the fall i will run a strip wash, some Gyeon surface prep, and apply the Griots ceramic coating in 2-3 layers, and ill maintain that with the ceramic wash and coat throughout the winter.
    Yes it will. Keep in mind that griot's 3 in 1 ceramic spray or whatever it is called is not a true coating. It is a silica spray sealant and there is no benefit doing multiple layers.

Post Thanks / Like

Essence will remove it. The test spot will let you know.

Yes it will. Keep in mind that griot's 3 in 1 ceramic spray or whatever it is called is not a true coating. It is a silica spray sealant and there is no benefit doing multiple layers.
    Just following their guidance of applying a second coat 24 hours later. Weather it helps or not, gives peace of mind. Id love to do a true coating but without a garage, i just dont want to risk it.

Post Thanks / Like

I was mistaken as to posting pics to one of your threads. It was another member with a white car asking how to make it pop.
    All of these vehicles were polished with Essence and coated with UK3.0
    IMO, for white cars they do have a glow after this combo and the best thing is all you have to do to maintain them is wash them.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

8. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    I was mistaken as to posting pics to one of your threads. It was another member with a white car asking how to make it pop.
    All of these vehicles were polished with Essence and coated with UK3.0
    IMO, for white cars they do have a glow after this combo and the best thing is all you have to do to maintain them is wash them.

That Vette....wow!

10. Likes fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That R8 looks great! One of the reasons i decided to overhaul my paint correction arsenal is because i tried getting your standard swirls out of my s4 paint and ... nothing happened. g8 mini with the hydro tech correction pad running m105. didnt make a dent after 2. I just hope the 250ml bottle is enough to do the camaro and the audi. I dont plan to do more than one "pass" on the camaro, unless i discover something that warrants it since i havent found any defects in the paint, so hopefully that leaves enough for both cars.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123