autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: BeadMaker 50/50 dust test

Excellent test. I also don’t think the extra dust accumulation is a deal breaker.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

2. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this test - very interesting. Its got me curious about the opposite - what products reduce dusting?

4. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I never had issues with BM and dusting. Thanks for the test Eldo.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I never had issues with BM and dusting. Thanks for the test Eldo.
    When I first tried it a few years back, it seemed like it attracted dust more-so than when I was using Adam's Polishes detail spray as a drying aid. I chalked it up to more pollen at that time or lots of contraction in the area. Now that I don't use it as much as I used to, I can tell it does seem to attract air particles more. I still use from time to time, but I'll likely not buy more when I run out.

Eldorado, what do you use to clean your microfiber? I've always wondered if MF that wasn't completely clean caused streaking with Beadmaker. Seems like all my existing MF's would streak more if I wasn't careful to check in the right light compared to a fresh MF.

8. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BeadMaker 50/50 dust test

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Eldorado, what do you use to clean your microfiber? I've always wondered if MF that wasn't completely clean caused streaking with Beadmaker. Seems like all my existing MF's would streak more if I wasn't careful to check in the right light compared to a fresh MF.
    I use Rags to Riches and still have a bit of 3D Towel Kleen that I still use every once in a while until it’s gone…

The streaks on the hood simply had to do with the limited space I had to wipe and me not wanting to disturb the towels covering the controled area. Plus the hood ornament was in the way just to top it off, so I was basically left to wipedown that center strip on the hood in 1 direction making half arse wipes…

If you notice there’s no streaking on the trunk or anywhere else on the car, it was due to limited space to work with on the hood and also me not wanting to risk wiping too much of the product off.

10. Thanks Azure thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I had just switch to Rags to Riches from Micro-restore. I've only used it once so far, but it seems to work well. I still feel like the amount they call for per load is too little...like I did with Micro-restore. That's not based on anything other than me feeling that way lol.

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BeadMaker 50/50 dust test

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post

I never had streaking issues though, that black mercedes looks way nicer in the spots w/o BM. The product always delivered gloss and slickness when I used it, it didn't last which is not a big deal to me. But the dust was a big deal and ultimately what made me get rid of it.
    Actually, if you take away the streaking [which normally doesn’t happen] the Beadmaker sections looked far better than the sections w/o.

The Beadmaker darkened the paint quite significantly, adding gloss along with the rest of its characteristics.

You can see a distinct line of separation in these next 2 pictures just after application.

Yes these are 2 separate pics taken back to back.

14. Likes Bruno Soares, Azure, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    Thanks, I had just switch to Rags to Riches from Micro-restore. I've only used it once so far, but it seems to work well. I still feel like the amount they call for per load is too little...like I did with Micro-restore. That's not based on anything other than me feeling that way lol.
    I go back & forth in my head about that same subject sometimes… For example, when doing a full load of microfibers that I’ve used for waterless washing and other dirty work, 2oz. seems really light, especially when you open the washer 5min. in and just about all the suds are gone.

But then there’s times when you’re just trying to wash a brand new drying towel and add maybe .5 oz. for that wash and there’s suds galore.BeadMaker 50/50 dust testlol.

16. Likes Azure, Powerman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt liquid detergents provide any mechanical cleaning; just chemical. The mechanical is provided by the agitation and the turbulence of the water. So yeah, adjusting the amount of detergent to match contamination on the towels is probably the best course of action.

Just curious, when you did your test, did you incorporate driving into it. Static electricity could provide some attraction to dust. But, I would think the bigger issue for most, would be retention of dust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post

Just curious, when you did your test, did you incorporate driving into it. Static electricity could provide some attraction to dust. But, I would think the bigger issue for most, would be retention of dust.
    The car is a daily driver that parks outdoors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123