autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mess Left After Tinting

I have considered both of those in the past and I am thinking now is a good time to add one or both to my arsenal

I appreciate the input

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilly View Post
    No, like a lot of Alaskans we started getting out of Alaska in the dead of winter as often as possible

We went to all the other islands many times except Molokai and Lanai

We visited Lanai once and then discovered Molokai in 2004 and fell in love with the lack of everything

My wife kept watching prices and as she got close to retirement we bought a condo so she could spend her winters here

She has horrific arthritis and winter is a nightmare for her

After we got flooded out in our condo by a neighbor we renovated it and sold it and bought a house in 2018

We sold out of Alaska last fall and Molokai is home now
    Congrats on your new home. They call Molokai the "Friendly Isle" for a reason. Good luck on your new life.

3. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Ah man that really sucks. I have been using ADG Wipeout lately and it does an awesome job of cleaning interiors and slightly darkens plastics without making them glossy which I love. It’s also the best rinseless wash I’ve used to date.
    Better the n-914? Have you used it on coated cars for maintenance?

I’m not worried about it masking a coating as I believe protection is too light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Better the n-914? Have you used it on coated cars for maintenance?

I’m not worried about it masking a coating as I believe protection is too light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not to hijack this thread, but yes it’s much better than N914. When combined with fuzion as pre treatment. GAME OVER

Post Thanks / Like

I've watched videos of tint installation many times, and I'm always surprised at how much liquid ends up getting sprayed everywhere inside the car. I know that car doors and components (electrical or not) are probably designed to handle this - think of having to roll the window down when it rains - but it still irks me every time I see it.

When I got my windows tinted I wondered how well the mess would get cleaned up. I just assumed that the clean-up is part of the deal...after all, imagine being the owner of a $100K+ car and getting it back with streaks or stains. No way, right? I went back a month ago to have my windshield tinted and included a towel on the dash as a courtesy. The dash has some hard-to-reach places so I really didn't feel like having to clean anything myself after, which is why I included my own towel. The doors I can manage, the dash...not so much.

That really stinks, sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully you can find something to do the trick. Ever consider steaming it out?

7. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    I've watched videos of tint installation many times, and I'm always surprised at how much liquid ends up getting sprayed everywhere inside the car. I know that car doors and components (electrical or not) are probably designed to handle this - think of having to roll the window down when it rains - but it still irks me every time I see it.

When I got my windows tinted I wondered how well the mess would get cleaned up. I just assumed that the clean-up is part of the deal...after all, imagine being the owner of a $100K+ car and getting it back with streaks or stains. No way, right? I went back a month ago to have my windshield tinted and included a towel on the dash as a courtesy. The dash has some hard-to-reach places so I really didn't feel like having to clean anything myself after, which is why I included my own towel. The doors I can manage, the dash...not so much.

That really stinks, sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully you can find something to do the trick. Ever consider steaming it out?
    Seriously, you would expect a courtesy cleanup

They even had me sign a waiver since they remove the door panels to be able to run the tint down below the level of the interior "wipe strip"

They even left off a trim piece from behind the passenger door handle assembly

My wife found it down in the recess of the arm rest later on

If you take the door panels off how come it looks like 3 year olds finger painted with pudding?

I don't get it...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    Not to hijack this thread, but yes it’s much better than N914. When combined with fuzion as pre treatment. GAME OVER
    I have been thinking of N-914 to replace ONR for pre correction wash since there are no polymers to get in the way of correction

Any thoughts on the Wipeout vs N-914 in that use?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been thinking of N-914 to replace ONR for pre correction wash since there are no polymers to get in the way of correction

If your going to paint correct, I wouldn't worry about the polymers in a soap. I would definitely use something like N-914 or Reset after polishing and before coating.

11. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    If your going to paint correct, I wouldn't worry about the polymers in a soap. I would definitely use something like N-914 or Reset after polishing and before coating.
    Gotcha

Mahalo

Post Thanks / Like

I like N914 much more than ONR. N914 has been my go to rinseless since I started hoarding my D114. That’s another subject altogether but I digress. Wipeout just cleans amazingly well. If you have a choice between both, wipeout is better. N914 is good but it’s moved down a notch for me lately.

14. Likes chilly liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast