autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

View Poll Results: Which One

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • P&S Bead Maker

14 45.16%
  • 3D Bead It Up

5 16.13%
  • DP Need For Bead

3 9.68%
  • Meguiars Synthetic Xpress Spray Wax

9 29.03%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best easy to use Topper

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I’m here for it! Look forward to seeing the results.
    I started the test yesterday.

BeadMaker 50/50 dust test
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Best easy to use Topper

One more user experience I want to share:

There’s a YouTube video out there in which Renny Doyle mentions the reason behind using so much Bead Maker for initial application, “ The microfiber towel soaks up the product.”

Hearing this, I decided a different method of application.

I used a microfiber block and sprayed a few sprays into it, then applied it to the surface in a back-and-forth motion. Every panel I would spray a few times
    into the block and repeat.

The results were the same or better than the method they suggest. No streaking and just as glossy.

I am surprised nobody has ever brought this up or questioned why so much Bead Maker is “required” for initial application. If they have, I haven’t read or seen it.

This isn’t a defense of BM. Just something I tried. I have an unopened gallon of this stuff on hand as I rarely use it.

YMMV

4. Likes PaulMys, dgage, Azure, DFB liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Encinitas View Post
    One more user experience I want to share:

There’s a YouTube video out there in which Renny Doyle mentions the reason behind using so much Bead Maker for initial application, “ The microfiber towel soaks up the product.”

Hearing this, I decided a different method of application.

I used a microfiber block and sprayed a few sprays into it, then applied it to the surface in a back-and-forth motion. Every panel I would spray a few times
    into the block and repeat.

The results were the same or better than the method they suggest. No streaking and just as glossy.

I am surprised nobody has ever brought this up or questioned why so much Bead Maker is “required” for initial application. If they have, I haven’t read or seen it.

This isn’t a defense of BM. Just something I tried. I have an unopened gallon of this stuff on hand as I rarely use it.

YMMV
    All news to me lol I think the 303 graphene coating is the same with these precise and complicated application guidelines. Lets call it for what it is. They are selling something and pre-positioning themselves that if you don't apply it EXACTLY as recommended it will not meet your expectations. This is for a super cheap product. Its kinda funny really. Cheap product? Load up on the marketing..

I guess thats why i have bought things like polish angel, carpro, sonax etc They just work none of this fuss and i have never used any of those in ideal conditions.

Youtube influencers have to be getting paid well for these hood winks. I've been looking back at some more video's lately about a year ago and its clearly obviously turtlewax was paying a lot of these guys on youtube. PendS done the same. It worked.

Do you want some turtlewax on your Pends? haha

6. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace22 View Post
    I recently have been using AutoFanatic 007 high gloss as a topper, and have really been impressed with the gloss/lack of dust attraction. Polish Angel High gloss is also awesome, with a little more dust attraction thatn 007, but my bottle over 3 months has gummed up with clumps. I have been pleased with the 007 for sure.
    Aint those clumps goopiness normal?

8. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gorillapr View Post
    My rapidwaxx and high gloss as always been like that. Both are over a year old and still work great. Frankly high gloss can almost rival the beading of Nv EVO that i just applied to my roof. Outside. Nv EVO as been really good to me lol Easy to use and a bead monster, the best i've used so far as a driveway detailer. Quick application. No waiting around.

10. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Couldnt agree more noorth on your post refering to youtubers getting paid, which there is nothing wrong with that but we have to be very careful

12. Likes Craig Encinitas, noorth liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    My rapidwaxx and high gloss as always been like that. Both are over a year old and still work great. Frankly high gloss can almost rival the beading of Nv EVO that i just applied to my roof. Outside.
    If you put High Gloss and Rapid Wax on the same panel, can you tell a difference in looks or hydrophobics??

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

If you put High Gloss and Rapid Wax on the same panel, can you tell a difference in looks or hydrophobics??
    Not really. Both look great. They seem to be different in looks then like a high gloss sealant like carpro reload. More character lol

Post Thanks / Like

Subbed, as I like using these spray sealants you can easily slop on the paint and often times my sole LSP.

16. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe...I do shake it to mix it up. A little finicky to use, but the PA High Gloss is an amazing product.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast