autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

View Poll Results: Which One

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • P&S Bead Maker

    11 50.00%
  • 3D Bead It Up

    3 13.64%
  • DP Need For Bead

    3 13.64%
  • Meguiars Synthetic Xpress Spray Wax

    5 22.73%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 82
  1. #21
    Regular Member dennis b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’ve heard enough jiba jaba hearsay about attracting dust, yet zero proof.

    I guess I’ll have to provide it myself because all everyone seems to want to do is talk… Talk is cheap, and I ain’t buying any.

    50/50 Beadmaker test on a black vehicle coming up later today. We’re going to find out the truth.
    I did testing myself about two years ago. If I use BM as a drying aid in high humidity 85%+ it's a dust magnet. It takes to long to cure to a slick surface. If I apply in lower humidity say 60% or less it works great. My problem with it is that I have to wash my car in the morning to avoid washing in direct sunlight and the humidity here in S. Florida is always 85%+ at 8-9 in the morning. BM is a non starter for me for that reason.

    My vehicle is black so the dust is really noticeable. No such dusting issues with my current drying aid Ultima Acrylic Waterless Wash.....ever!

    It's worth noting my car isn't garaged. I'm at odds with nature and nature wins with BM.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6

  2. #22
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brookfield Ill
    Posts
    1,005
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    In my opinoin non of the above. I like the new Ice Spray Wax, Dura Gloss Aqua wax, Eagle One Wipe and Shine, and Dura Gloss Fast Clean and Shine.

  3. Likes dlc95 liked this post
  4. #23
    Super Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    I did testing myself about two years ago. If I use BM as a drying aid in high humidity 85%+ it's a dust magnet. It takes to long to cure to a slick surface. If I apply in lower humidity say 60% or less it works great.
    So in other words the test was done on the same car, on 2 separate days… Sorry, but that’s invalid.

  5. #24
    Super Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Here’s the victim, but the owners leaving so I won’t be able to do it for another 4hrs.


  6. #25
    Regular Member dennis b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Why would that be invalid? On high humidity days it gathered dust, on low humidity days it didn't. That's all the proof I needed.

    Humidity is the only variable.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6

  7. #26
    Super Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Best easy to use Topper

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Why would that be invalid? On high humidity days it gathered dust, on low humidity days it didn't. That's all the proof I needed.

    Humidity is the only variable.
    Different days, different conditions, different opinion based on your mood and how you decided to judge the visuals on 2 completely different days.
    Not a 50/50
    How do we know it wasn’t windy 1 day and not the other?
    Exactly how long was the waiting period on both tests?
    The list goes on and on…

    And where’s the link to your thread documenting any of this?

  8. #27
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,088
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Different days, different conditions, different opinion based on your mood and how you decided to judge the visuals on 2 completely different days.
    Not a 50/50
    How do we know it wasn’t windy 1 day and not the other?
    Exactly how long was the waiting period on both tests?
    The list goes on and on…

    And where’s the link to your thread documenting any of this?
    How do you expect the guy to get half his hood humid and the other half arid for an extended period of time to test?

  9. #28
    Regular Member dennis b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Different days, different conditions, different opinion based on your mood and how you decided to judge the visuals on 2 completely different days.
    Not a 50/50
    How do we know it wasn’t windy 1 day and not the other?
    Exactly how long was the waiting period on both tests?
    The list goes on and on…

    And where’s the link to your thread documenting any of this?

    Well, I wish you luck. Since your in SoCal you have less humidity and may have better results.
    Mythos Black C7.5 S6

  10. #29
    Super Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    How do you expect the guy to get half his hood humid and the other half arid for an extended period of time to test?
    It’s less about humidity, more about an equal test.

  11. #30
    Super Member Eldorado2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    11,998
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Best easy to use Topper

    Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Well, I wish you luck. Since your in SoCal you have less humidity and may have better results.
    66% humidity right now.


Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-28-2021, 09:16 PM
  2. What Topper?
    By DP 08 GXP in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-23-2012, 07:30 PM
  3. 845 and a Topper?
    By Dan Metzler in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 12:57 AM
  4. Best topper for 4* UPP?
    By bandgeek99 in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-13-2008, 08:11 AM

Members who have read this thread: 173

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» December 2021

S M T W T F S
282930 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1