autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 24 Hours Between EXO v4 Coats?

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    CSL can be removed with a polish. The Pro only Crystal Serum has to be removed with sand paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It says "but if applied incorrectly can be machine polished from your vehicles paintwork." If applied correctly a light polish will not remove a freshly applied CSL. You would need something more aggressive. Now if we are in the 3-5 year mark, pending how regularly the car is driven and its care conditions a light polish could remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
    I just called Gtechniq and of course while I was on the phone with the very nice Gtechniq lady, I got the email response.

They said the 24 hour time "limit" between CSL and EXO is not because of curing issues, it is from a contamination perspective. They said as long as you panel wipe after CSL or EXO, you can follow up with the next layer at any time. They said that they have people all the time do a panel at a time so the next coat can be 1-2 weeks later. She just said to make sure to panel wipe to remove any contamination and dust. She said this is more of a concern if you are driving the car, the car sits outside, etc.

She said do not wash for 7 days and 14 if you can avoid it. Good to know.

Thanks everyone!
    Good stuff! Saving lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow89 View Post
    It says "but if applied incorrectly can be machine polished from your vehicles paintwork." If applied correctly a light polish will not remove a freshly applied CSL. You would need a compound. Now if we are in the 3-5 year mark, pending how regularly the car is driven and its care conditions a light polish could remove it.

Good stuff! Saving lol.
    My guess is that it the wording is not very clear, but it will remove the coating whether applied correctly or incorrectly. The incorrect application probably refers to high spots. Either way, even if a light polish will not remove it 100%, I would bet it would greatly greatly diminish performance over time.

3. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
    My guess is that it the wording is not very clear, but it will remove the coating whether applied correctly or incorrectly. The incorrect application probably refers to high spots. Either way, even if a light polish will not remove it 100%, I would bet it would greatly greatly diminish performance over time.
    Agree. They can claim whatever they want but a solid quality polish does remove it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

5. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I don’t think prosumer Coatings are as hard to remove as people think. I removed CqUk3 when first coated (week later maybe?) by hand with Essence and a green polishing pad.

Wasn’t happy it removed so easily but found it didn’t matter. Performed great for almost 2 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You mean the video I watched of the guy removing high spots of CQUK3 by wet sanding wasn’t necessary? The horror!

Jk, knew the guy was overdoing it.

8. Likes serper3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere in their product literature it talks about doing annual re-coats with EXO. Light claybar, wash, panel wipe, two more coats of EXO. Fresh finish and more UV protection for the CSL and the clear.

I’ll be trying this on my wife’s van that just had the CSL/EXO treatment done.
    Now if I can just find something for the tires to keep them looking as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Decided to bring this thread back and wanted to say I removed a 6-7month old CSL coating with a yellow pad + menzerna 3800. Coating is not hard to remove at all as I only did one pass and it came right off.

Going to reapply a new coating of CSL and add EXO v4 this time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12