autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Polish and Cermic coating suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You will want to use Exo. CSL by itself is rather blah in its hydrophobic behavior.
    My thinking is it will never see rain so i’m more interested in marring resistance and looks.

I know marring resistance is not gonna be great with any coating but when it is washed, it will mostly be rinsless’s

Your recent comments on 22ple insanity has me thinking that also along with Ammo Reflex Pro, and Adam’s new graphene coating.

How many layers do you need with insanity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish and Cermic coating suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

How many layers do you need with insanity?
    Two layers per 22ple's recommendation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    As far as coatings there are many good options these days. I have not used Gyeon One so I can't comment on it's performance. Budgetplan used it and he topped it with CanCoat which he enjoyed.
    While Gyeon One + CanCoat did very well (especially considering the somewhat unconventional maintenance routine) was one of the most unpleasant applications of any I have used. Not difficult per se, just not fun.

Notes from application follow up:

Gyeon One

The results were nice, but application was the stickiest once it hit the paint that I’ve ever used. Forgiving with respect to the amount of time you have to buff off missed high spots but very arduous removing/buffing. This was topped with CanCoat soon after application, it’s performing quite well. Maintenance on this car is weekly washes…using Dawn or Joy dish soap to wash. I can’t control what happens after the cars leave me. Holding up nicely regardless.

4. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Decided on NV Nova Evo for coating on my summit white. Kamikaze was a close second and would have been 1st if i felt like doing 2 coats.

Agree with essence as you don’t need much or any cut. Griots correcting cream if you do.

I use the Boss pads mainly and would recommend if you use a Griots polisher.... yellow ones.

Will probably use Kamikaze or CSL on my Chevelle.

Lastly CQUK3 is an amazing coating. Used it on my last car and highly recommend.

How did you find the NV Nova Evo. NV is popular here and sold and developed by the main detailing shop I use here in Aus.

Considering this for my next coating after CarPro Lite is done.

How did you find application and how much of the bottle did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 98CayenneTA View Post

Imo there is only one polish to use on white and that's Essence.
    Tell me more...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vaca22 View Post
    Tell me more...
    White needs all the help it can get to achieve any kind of depth and imo Essence high gloss polishing primer does the best job of adding depth, gloss, flow ect.

White when polished is blinding in direct sunlight so imo where white can really shine is in dimmer more indirect light.
    During the day, dusk and dawn are whites small window to represent lol and I feel Essence gives white the best chance at achieving that.
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

8. Thanks vaca22 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

White needs all the help it can get to achieve any kind of depth and imo Essence high gloss polishing primer does the best job of adding depth, gloss, flow ect.

White when polished is blinding in direct sunlight so imo where white can really shine is in dimmer more indirect light.
    During the day, dusk and dawn are whites small window to represent lol and I feel Essence gives white the best chance at achieving that.
    Perfect, great to know!

And yes, one thing I discovered last year is that I was Manfred Mann'd (BLINDED BY THE LIIIIGHT) when I rolled my ride out into the sun, even with sunglasses.

Just like The Guz mentioned, the white hides a LOT, but it's not the easiest to coat without proper lighting. On the first overcast day following the coating, I found several high spots. I like your comment about dusk and dawn being the small window for white to represent LOL That is the truth, man!

Post Thanks / Like

I would also say there is a dramatic difference between polished out white and a white car that has been simply kept clean. In addition to the gloss, the actual color is different. Think fresh fallen snow vs a piece of paper. Put the two together and the paper will look dingy. A well polished white car will look like the snow.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rover137 View Post
    How did you find the NV Nova Evo. NV is popular here and sold and developed by the main detailing shop I use here in Aus.

Considering this for my next coating after CarPro Lite is done.

How did you find application and how much of the bottle did you use?

I have not applied. Will go on at end of summer. Currently wearing DoDo ShineCraft.

Theirs a US distributor. Parks Car Care. Have seen great reviews and BudgetPlan 1 gave it his thumbs up so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not applied. Will go on at end of summer. Currently wearing DoDo ShineCraft.

Theirs a US distributor. Parks Car Care. Have seen great reviews and BudgetPlan 1 gave it his thumbs up so far.

Nice. Let us know how you go! I do like the idea of only one coat, but also worry that I wouldn’t get even coverage. I read BudgetPlan’s review and it was good!

I have a heap of their products and all but but one have been very good. I have their panel wipe, snow foams, tire dressing, wheel cleaner and some other things. I actually really rate the wheel cleaner and tire dressing. Nice matte finish and lasts a few weeks. The wheel cleaner is a cleaner + iron remover and it’s been my favorite so far. The NV Snow I don’t really like, but I love their stronger NV Snow+.

13. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast