autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Car First Wash Critique my plan

Quote Originally Posted by vobro View Post
    Since this sounds to be a stop gap process before you lay down the ceramic in the future, if you find the car difficult to dry because there’s no protection on it spray a quick detailer or use the 3n1 on the car while wet. I went thru the a similar process when I bought my Silverado and due to lock downs just starting I was going to wait until I could polish and apply coating, I found the paint to be really grabby and hard to dry.

Congratulations on your new ride, the LT1 is a solid buy

It was one of 2 in the state at the time. If there is a need to polish or correct, i plan to do that step later. The reason i am working on the assumption of flawless paint is because i want to treat it like it is, until i know otherwise. (a man can dream). I definitely plan to do the whole 9 yards on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    It was one of 2 in the state at the time. If there is a need to polish or correct, i plan to do that step later. The reason i am working on the assumption of flawless paint is because i want to treat it like it is, until i know otherwise. (a man can dream). I definitely plan to do the whole 9 yards on it.
    In that case, your process is fine.

Just remember that while white is very forgiving, it will also be the first to show any iron contamination.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    In that case, your process is fine.

Just remember that while white is very forgiving, it will also be the first to show any iron contamination.
    Very true, my wife’s car is summit white and I was chemically decontaminating it with 100 miles on the odometer.
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
    1999 Camaro Z28

Post Thanks / Like

If you can, try to get the ValuGard ABC to decontaminate. It was back ordered when I needed it a few months ago, so I did it the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 04lss View Post
    Sometimes it gets lost here but make sure too enjoy your ride, 455 hp should put a smile on your face

Post Thanks / Like

New Car First Wash Critique my plan

Agree with iron decon but if this is a stop gag to coating you can wait if it’s gonna be soon. I would polish before coating. If no marring a fine polish or a paint cleaner will do.

I’m a paint coatings guy but I won some DoDo juice ShineCraft Hybrid wax and it was stunning on summit.

Nice car by the way. Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes UncleDavy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Agree with iron decon but if this is a stop gag to coating you can wait if it’s gonna be soon. I would polish before coating. If no marring a fine polish or a paint cleaner will do.

I’m a paint coatings guy but I won some DoDo juice ShineCraft Hybrid wax and it was stunning on summit.

Nice car by the way. Welcome to the club!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love the black on white look with those wheels! I hated the way white looked in the photos, dealer was supposed to be selling me a black one but messed up and had a white waiting for me. The white changed my mind when i saw it in person.

I used the Griots ceramic spray wax as a temporary protectant. Im going to use one of the stripping washes to remove it. Followed by some claybaring. The paint aside from notable iron contamination has no swirls, so the plan is decon, a super fine polish, and a long term wax spray. Probably at the end of the summer. (my next payment for the trade in already came out, and im waiting for the refund on that before i start buying stuff for the new girl)

This is my 11th white car... somehow.

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Looks good to me. Very careful approach.

Me? I always do wheel and tires first so I don't have water drying on the car while I get them if I were to wash the car first.

Plus I like to get the hard, icky part over with.

Definitely wheels and tires first. Another reason is that you can later wash off the yuck that splashes on the surface of the car.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

11. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much spot on. The only thing I would do 1st is wheels. I would use a separate bucket just for the wheels. But either way, KEEP ON ROCKING!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12