autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Member Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless wash Topped With DP Graphine Quick Detailer?

Hey guys, I have a vehicle in the shop today for a maintenance wash that I've previously coated with the 303 Graphine Nano Spray Coating

I'm planning on a rinseless wash with the Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash, and was hoping to spruce up the coating with the DP Graphine Quick Detailer.

1. What are your thoughts on this process as the WG Uber SiO2 Rinseless Wash Contains SiO2?

2. Does anyone know of a quality GRAPHINE rinseless wash I can use on graphine coated surfaces?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Mike Phillips

Re: Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless wash Topped With DP Graphine Quick Detailer?

I's say go for the plan you outlined.

Or at least test the 2-step approach. Wash with the rinseless and then TEST the detailer on the trunk lid. IF it works great finish car. IF it doesn't go to plan B.

3. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need to use anything after the rinseless. You are good to go just with that alone. Also graphene products are still ceramic based so any ceramic/SiO2 is going to work on them just fine.

5. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

On my car right now is Uber SiO2 Rinseless and nothing else since I haven’t had time to polish and put on UK 3.0/SiC. It’s been over a month since the last time I used Uber SiO2 Rinseless as I’ve used Reset and N-914 more recently. Washed yesterday with Gyeon Bathe that I had as I needed to quickly get off some bird droppings and it still beaded great from just Uber SiO2 Rinseless. So you could top with the others for many months of protection but Uber should give a couple months with semi-regular usage.

7. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your process sounds sound. Agreed with [mention]The Guz [/mention] in that the Uber Sio2 is leaving behind about as much protection as the detail spray.... maybe a weeks worth of gloss?.

You could do both if you wanted won’t hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Thanks Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the great info guys! During the wash process I discovered that the 303 Graphine Nano Spray Coating had failed, as the water was lying completely flat on the surface, so I ended up re applying the 303 Graphine Nano Spray Coating after the rinseless wash.

I'll have to give this process another shot when she brings her truck back in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You don't need to use anything after the rinseless. You are good to go just with that alone. Also graphene products are still ceramic based so any ceramic/SiO2 is going to work on them just fine.
    I did not know that. Thats awesome to hear!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN View Post
    Thanks for all of the great info guys! During the wash process I discovered that the 303 Graphine Nano Spray Coating had failed, as the water was lying completely flat on the surface, so I ended up re applying the 303 Graphine Nano Spray Coating after the rinseless wash.

I'll have to give this process another shot when she brings her truck back in.

How long was it on the vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I'd like to know the answer too as I've recently started experimenting with 303 Graphene.

15. Likes Jacob Harrod AUTOCLEAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2black1s View Post
    I'd like to know the answer too as I've recently started experimenting with 303 Graphene.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I did an iron decontamination, clayed, and coated the vehicle on Jan 30th.

We had some winter storms and I suspect that the road salts destroyed the coating on the vertical panels by the time the truck came back for a maintence wash on March 11th.

On March 11th I reapplied the coating on the vertical panels, and sprayed 303 303 Touchless Sealant on the horizontal panels during the wash process.

This last maintenance wash I did, where the coating had completely failed was on July 15th.

So only two months on the panels that suffered the suspected road salt abuse, and less than 6 months from the initial application on the horizontal panels.

Also I don't know how the truck was maintained or the conditions it was subjected to in between washes. Wolfgang Uber SiO2 Rinseless wash Topped With DP Graphine Quick Detailer?

I believe the last time I applied the coating to the truck I allowed it to cure for about 2-3 minutes per panel, but this time I set a timer and allowed it to cure for a solid 5 minutes before buffing off with a Cobra Miracle Towel.

I applied the 303 Graphine Nano Spray coating to my Jeep on November 30th 2020 and have done very little maintenance to it and it held up for a solid 5-6 months on the horizontal panels but the road salts from the winter storms also diminished the coating on the vertical panels. Probably from about waist height down. This includes running the Jeep through the touchless wash once or twice.

17. Thanks 2black1s thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast