autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Towel drying + blow drying

If tour lsp is top notch = blow dry the nooks & crannies 1st.

If your lsp isn’t as strong as day 1 = towel dry 1st in order to get that water off asap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psnt1ol View Post
    Using a blower to dry will reduce the chance of marring even further. I had a jet black BMW years back and the paint was so soft that it would mar if I sneezes on it. The only way I could maintained it was with aid of a blower. At the end of the day, all blowers will do the job. Warm filtered air is nice in the winter months but honestly speaking... it not that much better than what you got (except for the 8HP one---its a beast). Just as long your vehicle protection is maintained, all blowers will make quick work of the drying process.

The other reason I went with the metro blaster was due to my dog groomers. They use them all day long and the pets were not afraid of it for some reason. I can dry my dog with it in less time it takes to write this paragraph. Now...Only if I could ceramic coat my dog. LOL

I hear good things about Metros on these forums. In Aus, where i am, the more popular ones seem to be the Big Boi and Blo Air brands. I think there are a couple places that sell the Metros though.

The reason i went for a leaf blower type bloweris due to it being battery powered for convenience. I also need a few other tools that share the same batteries, and i also wanted a blower for my garage haha

My dog is a pest to wash and dry haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    If tour lsp is top notch = blow dry the nooks & crannies 1st.

If your lsp isn’t as strong as day 1 = towel dry 1st in order to get that water off asap.
    Makes sense - thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

My big master blaster is one of my favorite toys at the shop. Started with a sidekick and it worked pretty well but the extra power from the master blaster really makes all the difference. Although I understand why a hobbiest would not wanna spend that sorta cash in which case a sidekick would still be a gamechanger. Anything I wash is coated, so idk about their performance otherwise

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5. Likes rover137 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    To me, if it was hot and any water on the surface would dry quickly, I'd towel dry first. If that's not a concern, I'd blow dry first and then towel dry. Otherwise, you have to towel dry again after you've blown out the nooks.
    Bingo. Exactly what I do with my little dryer and towels, depending on sunshine.

7. Likes rover137 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Since I have two hands, I always figured it was best to do both at the same time. Metro in my left; 16" towel in my right. One time around and it's done.

An added benefit of using both is you can blow air under the towel, lessening the friction of drying. Like an air hockey game, you can let the towel sort of float. It also helps to keep the towel damp, not wet.

I actually bought a PFM towel a couple years ago. It's somewhere with my stuff, still in the wrapper.

9. Likes rover137 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I might be going against the consensus on this but i towel dry first with my Big Blue, then blow. I ALWAYS blow wheels/tires/wells first then all nooks and crannies including door sills (with doors open).

Then a final towel dry with another, smaller Big Blue type towel.

11. Likes rover137 liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123