autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post your vacuum cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I would but to embarrass’d. Tiny little shop vac
    Nothing to be embarrassed about in my opinion. I've got an older 14 gallon Rigid (pre Scroll Noise Reduction) and have been thinking it would be nice to switch to something smaller/lighter/quieter. Other things in line ahead of it, but I've been meaning to do some research to find out if you can get something like that that doesn't take a huge hit suction wise.

Mine lives up on an overhead shelf to make for extra floor space, and every time I take it down I wonder if I really needed one that big...

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Dyson V7 Motorhead. No a/c cord to plug in, no unruly corrugated hose to scuff seats or interior plastics. Ample attachments for every nook and cranny.
    With the attachments on you can still navigate the machine to get to the tight spaces?

Quote Originally Posted by JDGolden View Post
    I'd need to detail mine before taking a pic . It's been through two full bathroom remodels at my old house, and got me through building my current house and finishing the basement. It's beat up, but also 11 years old. Craftsman 12 gallon.
    That was my first thought when I read the thread title - "Oooh boy, don't know that my vacuum is in post-worthy condition..."

I forgot I recently broke it down (like - way down) and cleaned the heck out of it. After using it for tons of clean up while getting a house ready for sale, it always smelled like dog when you ran it. Not only is the smell gone now, but I think it picked up some suction too.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's another Vacuum question for folks -

For those of you that have air compressors, how many have/are using a Tornador Velocity Vac?

I've been strongly debating getting one to help with doing a reset of the floors in both of our cars. Plus I think the actual Tornador part would be useful when I tidy up engine bays on cars I work on at my job.

(Edited to clarify - curious about the Velocity Vac)

Post Thanks / Like

I recently received the Griots lithium-ion handheld vacuum and it is a powerful machine. My original intent was to bring it on the road but it is good enough to use full time. It is actually made by Bissell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

4. Likes Klasse Act, MisterSnoop, Azure, AaronE, PaulMys liked this post
    Regular Member steelwindmachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That Griot's/Bissell is nice, but is anyone using a smaller cordless or 12vdc vacuum for on the road?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steelwindmachine View Post
    That Griot's/Bissell is nice, but is anyone using a smaller cordless or 12vdc vacuum for on the road?
    I have the Worx vacuum cleaner and it helps me maintain my interior just finePost your vacuum cleanerPost your vacuum cleaner

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a the Ridgid 6 gal 3.5hp and I hate it. I don't use it for car cleaning, mainly garage stuff. I used it in my old house while remodeling and its crazy loud, and really doesn't clean well enough for how cumbersome it is. Now that I'm in a new house, its more in the way than anything. I'd really only use this now if I was cleaning someone else's car and it was terribly dirty.

For cars, I use the Metro Vac 500 Hand vac. I have the extended hose that I use on it 100% of the time and the crevice attachment. I use this for my own cars and its been running strong since 2013.

Also have the metro blaster sidekick for blowing. The old one with the 8inch power cord. That one got sent in for a new power cord last year, but is just as old as the Metro Vac.

Post Thanks / Like

10. Likes steelwindmachine, Azure liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I've got an older 14 gallon Rigid (pre Scroll Noise Reduction) and have been thinking it would be nice to switch to something smaller/lighter/quieter. Other things in line ahead of it, but I've been meaning to do some research to find out if you can get something like that that doesn't take a huge hit suction wise.
    I’ve also been thinking about the same thing for a long time.. There’s plenty of times when I get tired of lugging that big 14 gallon vacuum around and replacing it with a smaller 1, but…

1. Worst comes to worst, it does fit in the backseat of my Cadillac if I ever have to resort to using my car to go mobile. [that’s rare though]

2. Being big has its drawbacks but also it’s advantages, and even though I’ve never owned that small 4 gallon Ridgid I’m convinced it has to be emptied frequently whereas I can go weeks even a couple months if I don’t feel like emptying my vacuum canister/clean the filter. I don’t usually push it that long but it’s not exactly something I look forward to doing. That’s the main reason I don’t think I’d like that small Ridgid vacuum.

3. Being able to vacuum Anything and I mean anything kicks arse. 2.5” hose available if I need it and 14 gallon canister allows it to happen compared to smaller hose and canister of the small vac.

That’s what’s made me stick to the 1 I’ve got. IMO it’s the Best vacuum for the money + it’s bulletproof.

12. Likes Jim w liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Im going to be the outlier here and say i dont like my current vac. Its a 3 hp craftsman i got after i ran over my shop vac by accident (oops) Just not very good cleaning ability. A few years back i got a rigid 6hp on sale for 30 bucks for black friday, but gave it to my dad when i moved. Man, ive been looking for something similar since.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast