autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

IGL Premier as a stand alone

How is Premier holding up for those using it as a stand alone? A bit pricey, but from what I've read it performs quite well.

I currently have the lazy man's Wet Coat on both our cars. Will likely move to Can Coat before winter for durability, but quite happy with the easy of use via Wet Coat.

Premier seems to be extremely easy to apply, has great hydrophobics and lasts a good 6 months under certain conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IGL Premier as a stand alone

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    How is Premier holding up for those using it as a stand alone? A bit pricey, but from what I've read it performs quite well.

I currently have the lazy man's Wet Coat on both our cars. Will likely move to Can Coat before winter for durability, but quite happy with the easy of use via Wet Coat.

Premier seems to be extremely easy to apply, has great hydrophobics and lasts a good 6 months under certain conditions.
    Right off the bat it's way too expensive, kind of silly honestly.

But with that out of the way it is very good. It's what is currently in my car and I've used it as a standalone when I have used it. The 6 months durability claims are legit and I definitely get 5-7 months out of it on my car which is a daily driver, however it is garaged.

I live in Michigan and I've used it in the winter and it had no problem getting me through the winter. It's very easy to use, little goes a long way,good durability, good gloss. Of the products I've used it's the only spray sealant that (at least in the first 2 months or so) the water behavior does a good job mimicking a true ceramic coating.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app

3. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Premiere is good for 4 to 6 months in most cases. I've seen it last as long as 8 to 9 months with a small amount of protection left. Be sure you use a panel wipe before application for best results and make sure the panels are cool.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

5. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes bfielder32087, joshhas99problems liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to know, thanks guys.

7. Likes bfielder32087 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfielder32087 View Post
    Right off the bat it's way too expensive, kind of silly honestly.

But with that out of the way it is very good. It's what is currently in my car and I've used it as a standalone when I have used it. The 6 months durability claims are legit and I definitely get 5-7 months out of it on my car which is a daily driver, however it is garaged.

I live in Michigan and I've used it in the winter and it had no problem getting me through the winter. It's very easy to use, little goes a long way,good durability, good gloss. Of the products I've used it's the only spray sealant that (at least in the first 2 months or so) the water behavior does a good job mimicking a true ceramic coating.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Autogeekonline mobile app
    The only reason I have it is because years ago there was a 25% and free shipping and I was using 6 months same as cash on my PayPal during Christmas shopping.

That said it's a very nice product with ease of use, shine and durability.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post

Reason I haven’t bought it. Wouldn’t use it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes CleanIT, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

Reason I haven’t bought it. Wouldn’t use it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine is much olderIGL Premier as a stand alone I guess I'll use it on my wheels to see what happens IGL Premier as a stand alone

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

13. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd buy the small bottle and make sure i use most of it knowing the expiration date. If it can be layered, I'd double up or use it as a drying aid. Either way I'd make sure I try and use it.

Thing is, Can Coat is a better option in this price range IMO. And easy to use.

Post Thanks / Like

I install IGL Coatings and have started also using many of their other products in my business. I have yet to find one that isnt remarkable! I love their pads, compound and polish, etc etc etc etc I have never used just premier as a standalone but I will say that IGL makes top notch products that are well worth the money. I am turning into a total fan boy, but I swear I'm not easily impressed haha Price is no object for me when it comes to choosing what I use in my business. I only use premium products as a result I charge a premium price. I would never put anything on a customer's car unless I truly believe it is top notch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joshhas99problems View Post
    I install IGL Coatings and have started also using many of their other products in my business. I have yet to find one that isnt remarkable! I love their pads, compound and polish, etc etc etc etc I have never used just premier as a standalone but I will say that IGL makes top notch products that are well worth the money. I am turning into a total fan boy, but I swear I'm not easily impressed haha Price is no object for me when it comes to choosing what I use in my business. I only use premium products as a result I charge a premium price. I would never put anything on a customer's car unless I truly believe it is top notch

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I was going to try Premier but ended up with Megs HCD (basically bead booster diluted 3:1).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast