autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone use ONR for everything?

I am always looking to streamline my detailing supplies as I'm a minimalist and hate having too many products on hand. I don't like clutter.

I didn't realize ONR had so many applications from exterior to interior (when diluted properly). I also like the idea of using ONR as a pre-wash being it is polymer based. It seems that it would be a great soap too, if one wanted to use it that way.

I got caught up in the Si02/Graphene craze, but being I keep up with my cars, I'm not so sure coatings and spray sealant longevity matter to me. Right now I'm very happy with Wet Coat, which doesn't get easier than that.

The thought of using ONR though is intriguing. I have their OPC which is fantastic (used it last night). I'd even consider their Spray Wax with the UV protection.

I like to keep it as simple as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone use ONR for everything?

I don't think you can use ONR as a soap as it's a RW, not a regular carwash soap, not made to do thatAnyone use ONR for everything?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

3. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I don't think you can use ONR as a soap as it's a RW, not a regular carwash soap, not made to do thatAnyone use ONR for everything?

Good question you may be right. I was watching a video and it appears to be a great pre-wash due to how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean if you wanted to spray it on a dirty car and THEN do a 2BM I see nothing wrong with that. I haven't used ONR or ONRWW for years as I've found other products I like better. That said it was one of the firsts and does a great job, nice interior detailer tooAnyone use ONR for everything?

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

6. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use it if I need to wash the car in the garage, when the weather isn't cooperating, too hot or raining outside. I keep some in a spray bottle to use as a QD, although I have a couple of other QDs on the shelf I use more regularly. I have used it on the inside of my FJ Cruiser, on the vinyl floor and rubber mats mainly, and in the back when my dogs get it muddy. I just use at the QD dilution for that.

I loved Wet Coat when it first came out, showed some guys at work, they all went out and bought some. But then I had a bottle go bad on me, the nozzle stopped working, and when I put a new one on, it left a spotty residue on the car, beaded up fine, but I could see the spots, had to wipe it down with Carpro Eraser to get them off. So I didn't buy it again. Switched to 303 touchless sealant, never had any issues, and I can just buy it at the local Auto store.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Whatever rinseless wash I’m using at the moment, I like a few mostly a feel thing has replaced window cleaner,interior cleaner ( unless trashed), quick detailer and gloss enhancer for me. Can’t be any more minimalist than that

If you want to prerinse with a ONR type product why would you follow with another soap? I rinseless wash about 80% of the time with a presoak and I just use that to remove any light debris and saturate the panel. It still needs the mechanical action of your hand and a towel

10. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve told myself I would do that and I’ve used it for all of possible applications at one time or another. However, I always seem to buy something to try for one (or more) of the possible uses.

12. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hear you. Always being tempted to try something new. I mean it doesn't get much easier than Gyeon Wet Coat, but ONR and all of Optimum products seem to have unique versatility, which helps reduce the amount of products I need to keep. I also like that they are an American based company.

14. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Optimum was talked about a lot more when I joined the forum. I bought a gallon of it since it sounded like it was a do-all game changer.

Rinseless: I used ONR for a little while doing rinseless washes, but stopped after it seemed like road grime was bonding to the car more than with other washes/methods I was using.

Glass Cleaner: Tried it as a glass cleaner at various dilutions and didn't care for it - you could see areas where there was still grime left on the glass if the glass was wet (no streaks dry, but dampen the glass or fog it with your breath and the grime was still there. Standard glass cleaner would cut through it and remove it).

Interiors: It does work really well on interior plastics to cut through people funk. I use it in the loaner cars at work when they need to get cleaned up. Haven't used it much for fabric cleaning. Side Note: ONR Wash and Wax at Waterless ratio is one of my favorites for doing wood trim in cars.

Underhood: This is mainly what I use it for these days. I do auto repair not detailing, and have found it works great to leave the underhood looking like it's been cleaned with intention. I have a battery powered mister that I fog the underhood plastics with, then blow it off with compressed air (this gets dust and junk out of the nooks and crannies). Chase that with a wipedown of a microfiber that got a spray or two and you're left with a nice fresh engine compartment. I just focus on the plastics since, as mentioned, I'm not detailing I'm just trying to provide a little extra value for their money. One thing I like about using it underhood is that I don't feel like it's such a permanent product that if someone actually does detail the engine bay, they won't have any issues cleaning it off to apply whatever they want to.

I can dig out a picture or two of some engine compartments if anyone's that interested to see how it looks.

Floors: Yep, I'm gonna lose my AutoGeek Member Card here, but the thing I use ONR for most is for cleaning the hard floors in my house. Hardwood, linoleum, tile - works great for all of them. I've got a 6 year old and two highly active big dogs, and ONR works well to get the floor clean but not leave it slippery. [Ask me why I stopped using Griot's Spray on Car wash (with Carnauba!) to clean the appliances. Hint: watch that overspray...]

General: I also use a quick spray at work to clean my nitrile gloves between jobs, to clean my work benches/carts, screens, etc.

I've also used McKee's N-914 in a similar fashion for various uses. I like that it leaves nothing behind (for those times where you don't want to leave anything behind).
    It makes a superior glass cleaner in my humble opinion (I've got a little bottle mixed 3ml 914 to 80ml distilled water).

16. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes Big Dave, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    I loved Wet Coat when it first came out, showed some guys at work, they all went out and bought some. But then I had a bottle go bad on me, the nozzle stopped working, and when I put a new one on, it left a spotty residue on the car, beaded up fine, but I could see the spots, had to wipe it down with Carpro Eraser to get them off. So I didn't buy it again. Switched to 303 touchless sealant, never had any issues, and I can just buy it at the local Auto store.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    I also had 2 bottles of Wet Coat go bad on me, with the same results.
    Kirk Harrod's Mobile Detailing, Frankfort, KY
    Official Detailer of Camarofest 8 & 9
    No one has detailed more Camaros.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.