autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tire Dressing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing

Is it just me, or is anyone else having trouble finding Hyper Dressing in the gallon size? Also, M40 seems to be OOS as well. I think I got the last gallon of M40 a few weeks ago so I'm set but it seems these two products have been scarce for a bit.

Post Thanks / Like

Tire Dressing

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    To be honest, Hyper Dressing is probably best diluted but Perl is fabulous straight from the bottle.

In terms of these compared to Duragloss 253, and this is not detracting from 253 as it's a fantastic option, but I prefer a tire dressing with a thicker consistency. 253 is like Perl when diluted, ie very runny. I just find gel/cream like dressings to be cleaner to apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    How would you rate your experience of Perl neat vs Perl diluted? My experience doing both was Perl neat was a little thick and it is harder to apply. It just seemed to sit on top of the rubber and not really penetrate.
    It’s funny because as I began reading DFB’s reply I began trying to remember what exactly I didn’t quite like about Carpro Perl and the both of you brought up 2 different points that reminded me of what it was.

1. Even though the consistency @1:1 should be the same, it somehow doesn’t apply like it because it somehow manages to go on a bit runny.

2. It doesn’t seem to want to penetrate without you having to massage it into the surface over and over again. I remember having to go through that on tires especially, almost as if it’s almost hydrophobic when you don’t need it to be, whereas Hyper Dressing lays down and gets soaked into the surface almost instantly.

Also, Perl somehow feels a bit too chemically, for lack of a better word.

I use Megs Hyper Dressing 1:1

3. Likes Desertnate, dgage, DFB, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used HD in the past before finding #253. It was ok. You can dilute it for the look you want. It really was and still is stellar on ENGINES. No waiting for the engine to dry after cleaning. Just spray HD on and walk away. Leaves a really nice streak free finish. And SAFE for all finishes under there. But was replaced with SONUS MOTOR KOTE for me. My pet peeve with tire dressing is SLING OFF to the paint. 90% of the ones i did try over the years did. That is what sold me on #253. The look and NO sling shots.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

5. Likes PaulMys, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you guys like to apply DG 253? I have low profile car tires.

After all the rave reviews in this thread I’m gonna have to pick some up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are many tire applicators. I happen to like Tuf Shine foam applicator. This will work fine for your low profile tires and regular size tires. For those with larger (truck) tires, a flag tipped brush works better than a foam applicator.

8. Likes PaulMys, The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For those of you using DG 253 and a flag tipped brush, are you spraying the product on the brush?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    For those of you using DG 253 and a flag tipped brush, are you spraying the product on the brush?
    Yes, spray the brush, then brush onto the tire. The 1st tire usually requires you to prime the brush and you’ll find yourself not having to use as much for the other tires once it’s primed.

Another benefit of spraying the brush is you avoid overspray on your wheels or even the side of your vehicle if it’s windy outside.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Another method is to pour a little into a container or cup, and dip the brush in it as you go.

After a few times, you will know exactly how much to pour. But at first, just use very little. You can always add more. A little goes a loooooooooong way.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCarBlues View Post

I use the CarPro Swipe applicator. Works pretty well except for the bottom of the tire where it's too wide so I just rotate it 90 degrees

15. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Guz just showed a makeup brush that is smaller than I thought but actually looks big enough to be good on low-profile tires because a normal flag tipped brush is definitely too big. I just got the makeup brushes in yesterday and I haven't had a chance to use it yet but it looks like it will be good for applying tire dressings. I bought multiple so I can have one with each product as I use DG 253 as well as Gyeon Tire Express sometimes. Along with tire coatings but haven't applied that in a while.

Is this the best tire dressing applicator? - YouTube

17. Thanks Dan Tran, The Guz thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast