autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Dressing

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Dressing

I use Zaino Perfect Tire Gloss on my cars because it's actually not glossy. The tires just look like clean natural rubber. You wipe it on with a rag so no sling.

Someone gave me a can of Meguiar's Hot Shine Foam and I use that on my wife's Lexus. It is ridiculously glossy after application, but fades after a few days and then looks really nice and lasts a long time. No sling with it if you do the tires in the evening and let it sit overnight.

2. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been toying with dressings all summer. I've only gotten Meguiar's stuff because it's readily available to me.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, not only is tire dressing a personal taste, but I believe some finishes look better than others depending on the wheels and color of the car. I have a sparking white car with chrome wheels, and I like the look of a pretty wet tire to go along with it.

That being said, here's what I've discovered (all Meg's):

Endurace Gel - great shine, will sling a little depending on the applicator; some foam applicators will become saturated and the excess can get caught in the treads. I don't like to knock this product down, so the applicator becomes important. It's kind of a drag to apply, eapecially when compared to....

Hyper Dressing - I use this product full-strength, with a microfiber applicator. It's cake to use, spreads well, leaves a nice shine that is...clean, is the best way to put it. Minimal sling.

Ultimate Insane Shine (foam) - I also like this a lot, and purchased it without realizing it was a foam...or rather, without realizing that they also make a coating which I assume is a mist or something. When the foam settles there's WAY too much product left on the tires, so I started wiping it off with a towel. The stuff feels really tacky. Even with a wipedown, there's moderate slinging.

I usually drive off not to long after applying dressing (which is part of the sling problem), but I've learned that keeping a bottle of waterless wash in the trunk takes care of that after my first stop.

...and yes, I have stopped at banks, parks, and grocery stores just to get out and wipe off any sling, without actually needing to stop at banks, parks, and grocery stores )

4. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of the DP TIRE DRESSING I won awhile back. Thinking of using it after the current bottle of #253 is done. Just to see how it is. Any one use it yet?

DP Tire Dressing is a water-based formula that preserves original color and texture. (autogeek.net)
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Bold & Brite, McKee’s Si02 tire dressing & CarPro PERL

7. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Perl, Adams Graphene, Adams VRT If you prefer the more matte look, Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing.

These are all good and won’t sling. I personally so t care about durability as I can apply another coat at any time.

All of these will not brown as they lose their appearance.

9. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    CarPro Perl, Adams Graphene, Adams VRT If you prefer the more matte look, Obsessed Garage Tire Dressing.

These are all good and won’t sling. I personally so t care about durability as I can apply another coat at any time.

All of these will not brown as they lose their appearance.
    Does the tire dressing brown or is it the tire?

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite so far is Chemical Guys VRP. Walmart actually carries it now if you need it in a hurry and it’s super easy to apply with a foam applicator and does not sling. Currently, I use Megs Endurance tire gel only because I can get it really cheap and I’m trying to use it up. Much more difficult to apply compared to VRP and you do have to give it a good wipe down because it will sling.

12. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Meguiars Hyper Dressing 4:1, leaves a nice natural shine, not too blingy like a kid who just discovered tire dressing

14. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm partial to Nextzett Vinyl-Rubber Extra.

16. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be honest….don’t overthink the tire dressing because most are good in my opinion. I probably have 200 dollars in tire
    dressing and just grab Mcguires dressings most of the time…..

18. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast