autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Never Experienced Before

Hey guys first time posting. I've been doing my own vehicles for a while now but consider myself a rookie for sure.

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum. I bought it used. Last night I decided I would tackle a hazy slash marred spot on the rear hatch. Looked similar to clear coat not have been polished or missed. I used my DA with M205 and it cleared up but then I noticed it was hazing as I went. Where I have completed the paint looks great. But I'm now chasing this across the whole rear door. I've tried using meguiars 07 polish to blend the line but it does the same as the M205. I have to work it pretty hard to get it to move along. I'm in desperate need of some help and advice. I hope my clear coat isn't screwed. I'm not getting any paint on my yellow pads.

I can quickly pick up some ultimate compound and ultimate polish after work as I have run out of 205

Thanks in advance

Never Experienced Before-screenshot_20210623-141113_gallery-jpg

Never Experienced Before-screenshot_20210623-141122_gallery-jpg

Mike Phillips

Re: Never Experienced Before

Quote Originally Posted by Steadyj View Post

Hey guys first time posting. I've been doing my own vehicles for a while now but consider myself a rookie for sure.

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

And we were all rookies at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Steadyj View Post

2018 Ford Explorer Platinum. I bought it used. Last night I decided I would tackle a hazy slash marred spot on the rear hatch.

I used my DA with M205 and it cleared up but then I noticed it was hazing as I went.
    It's hard to tell what's going on in the second picture but in this picture it looks like micro-marring.

If the swirls/scratches/micro-marring I see in the picture above are being caused by your process - then we simply need to dial-in a different process.

The Meguiar's M205 is known for causing micro-marring on really soft paints, thus one of the reasons Meguiar's came out with M210.

The Meguiar's #7 is non-abrasive. It can mask defects but it will not remove defects.

Questions?

1. What type of polisher are you using?
    2. What type of pad?