autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Mojave Desert of Southern California
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    The results are extremely satisfying. Thanks to Mike and others, I bought a SUPA Beast, 6" plate, Marine 31 products, and Lake country Hybrid Pads to restore my overdue Gel Coat Toybox travel trailer.

    Lots of work, but using the right tools gave awesome results. Thank you all for the correct advise and tips.

    No pictures. Next I'll work on learning Tapa Talk. ( I think that's the way to go.)

  2. #2
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    Thank you for the update.


    If it helps, send me the pictures via e-mail and I'm happy to insert them for you.

    Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net


    And I agree, the FLEX Supa BEAST with the optional 6" backing plate smooths the tool out and enables the user to take full advantage of all the POWER!



  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Mojave Desert of Southern California
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    Thanks for the offer Mike. I didn't take before/after pics. There is one small patch above the awning that I have not touched. I sent you a couple of marginal pics showing that vs the Gel Coat Beauty.

    I was fueling up in Bishop CA. last week, and a guy made a u-turn on the highway, pulled up and asked how to get his same trailer to look so good. That was cool!

    I wrote for him on a post-it note :

    AutoGeek Forum
    Mike Phillips
    Flex 3401
    Marine 31

    Passing it on, following your example.

  4. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  5. #4
    Super Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern L.I. NY
    Posts
    8,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burger View Post
    The results are extremely satisfying. Thanks to Mike and others, I bought a SUPA Beast, 6" plate, Marine 31 products, and Lake country Hybrid Pads to restore my overdue Gel Coat Toybox travel trailer.

    Lots of work, but using the right tools gave awesome results. Thank you all for the correct advise and tips.

    No pictures. Next I'll work on learning Tapa Talk. ( I think that's the way to go.)
    Ok...... Let's get the TapTalk thing going ASAP
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  6. Thanks Burger thanked for this post
  7. #5
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burger View Post

    I sent you a couple of marginal pics showing that vs the Gel Coat Beauty.
    I received the pictures, re-named them, resized them and then uploaded them to your free gallery here.

    (Like all cameras and phones, the file size is HUGE and this is why they will not upload to the gallery. I resize ALL my pictures using Easy Thumbnails)


    Here's your free gallery, Burger Photo Gallery

    And here's your pictures. Now that they have been uploaded to a photo gallery they have a complete URL Address meaning they can be found by devices, (browser, phone etc), and of course, inserted into webpages or forum pages like this using the proper code elements, in this case, BBCode.








    Quote Originally Posted by Burger View Post

    I was fueling up in Bishop CA. last week, and a guy made a u-turn on the highway, pulled up and asked how to get his same trailer to look so good. That was cool!


    I wrote for him on a post-it note :

    AutoGeek Forum
    Mike Phillips
    Flex 3401
    Marine 31

    Passing it on, following your example.

    Thank you for your business and your trust.

    And thank you for sharing Autogeek with a stranger!



  8. #6
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burger View Post

    I bought a SUPA Beast, 6" plate, Marine 31 products, and Lake country Hybrid Pads to restore my overdue Gel Coat Toybox travel trailer.

    Lots of work, but using the right tools gave awesome results.

    Can you send me a picture that shows the entire trailer for perspective?

    How about the "toy" that rides in it?



  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Mojave Desert of Southern California
    Posts
    42
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    Sent you a picture that sort of shows the glossy gel coat. I really didn't take any before/after pics. The RV is kept under a Kool Kover awning so I can't just go out and take pics.

    I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with how it turned out. Might look better now than it did in 2002 when I bought it new.

  10. #8
    Director of Training Mike Phillips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Stuart, Florida
    Posts
    50,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Thanks to Mike and all! Gel Coat Beauty!

    Quote Originally Posted by Burger View Post

    Sent you a picture that sort of shows the glossy gel coat. I really didn't take any before/after pics. The RV is kept under a Kool Kover awning so I can't just go out and take pics.

    I'm EXTREMELY satisfied with how it turned out. Might look better now than it did in 2002 when I bought it new.

    Nice set-up.






  11. Thanks Burger thanked for this post

Similar Threads

  1. Holograms in gel-coat boats by Mike Phillips
    By Mike Phillips in forum 2-Day BOAT Detailing Classes - Info & Dates
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-28-2021, 01:38 PM
  2. Pictures - 1989 Mercedes-Benz - Low Mileage Beauty All Original Beauty!
    By Mike Phillips in forum PICTURES: Wednesday Night Detailing Classes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-12-2017, 06:19 AM
  3. Hey Mike has this cement melted my clear coat?
    By wal in forum Ask Mike Phillips your detailing questions!
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-21-2016, 08:52 AM
  4. The beauty of black paint SL55 and Opti Coat
    By tdekany in forum Show N' Shine
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 12:54 AM
  5. What is this beauty?
    By gewb in forum Show N' Shine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 12:51 PM

Members who have read this thread: 42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» August 2021

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31 1234