autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

How to clean leather car seats at home easily!

Here is a little thing I typed up the night before last. Hope it helps someone here!

How To Clean Leather Car Seats At Home Easily!
    https://www.kaliberautodetailing.com
    Kaliber Auto Detailing
    Every Detail Matters

2. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to clean leather car seats at home easily!

Your article contains links to the Amazon affiliate program and in the process diverts sales away from Autogeek. You must realize that AG spends money and time to keep this forum on the internet. What you did is stealing sales from AG. Not cool.

Replace the links to Amazon with links to Autogeek (AG sells Meguires at reasonable prices) and nobody can accuse you of dubious intentions.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post

Your article contains links to the Amazon affiliate program and in the process diverts sales from Autogeek. You must realize that AG spends money and time to keep this forum on the internet. What you did is stealing sales from AG. Not cool.

Replace the links to Amazon with links to Autogeek (AG sells Meguires at reasonable prices) and nobody can accuse you of dubious intentions.

Or instead of making a post on this forum with a link to your article on your website, share the article here. Plus remove the spam links.

I just approved a new guy, before approving him I saw that he does this same type of thing, he writes articles and in the articles are links to Amazon where he gets his affiliate commission. I sent him an e-mail letting him know the first time he tries that here he will effectively Self-Banned himself.

I get everyone wants to make some money but don't use other people's social media platforms to jump start your new venture.

I don't really want to RMarkJr. because when I read through his posting history he has historically been a great forum member.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    I get everyone wants to make some money but don't use other people's social media platforms to jump start your new venture.

I don't really want to RMarkJr. because when I read through his posting history he has historically been a great forum member.
    Well stated. That first sentence has been my biggest beef with some of the hit-n-run YouTuber posts here too. Just chalks me to see others do that. Now if there's a good member and one you're torn on, hopefully they can just post the write-up as it is decent, but remove the links. Or use links that benefit AG given its their platform.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

6. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Or instead of making a post on this forum with a link to your article on your website, share the article here. Plus remove the spam links.

I just approved a new guy, before approving him I saw that he does this same type of thing, he writes articles and in the articles are links to Amazon where he gets his affiliate commission. I sent him an e-mail letting him know the first time he tries that here he will effectively Self-Banned himself.

ah hell .. ya I didnt even think about the whole autogeek selling thing. My first blog thing with links, mainly to help with a bit of SEO was my main reason and amazon is big. Yes I know they are not follow links but still helps a bit. Also, they are NOT affiliate links. So the post was literally just there as information, Not sales on my part. I'm pretty sure there is an affiliate link checker online if anyone cares to search for that and use it. I am not signed up as an amazon affiliate or any other distributor. I wrote it on my site with the mindset that many people use amazon. Not trying to take away from Autogeek at all. I have ordered thousands of dollars here, as well as Amazon, which I would assume most here do as well. After I wrote it, I was like oh ya hey this could be beneficial for some on x site .... and here it is, among others.

Hell, what to do what do do. Would like to post helpful stuff here and there with write ups like this. If I use amazon then the issue is here, autopia, and Meguairs are probably not gonna like it. Then on the other hand if I was to use AutoGeek links ... well then same thing. Autopia and Meguairs is probably not gonna like it much either. Do you all even have an affiliate program with links and selling?

Well, crap again lol. I may just have to delete this and from the other sites as well and just forgo the helping out part with blog posts in future so as not to step on any ones toes with money.

I also thought about posting it here with different links ... but then that is duplicate content and Google frowns on that and I'm not wanting to hurt SEO either. I can't think of a good way to make it work out well for everyone.
    Edit: what about a link to each site as choice as to where to buy them? Not like people don't use Google or go straight to other sites to compare. Just a thought .... still thinking on what to do in the future or what is an option.

Oh and thanks for looking me up before making a decision.

Just let me know what you want me to do. Or just kill it if you decide. Either way.

Thanks again!
    https://www.kaliberautodetailing.com
    Kaliber Auto Detailing
    Every Detail Matters

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by RMarkJr View Post

ah hell .. ya I didnt even think about the whole autogeek selling thing.

My first blog thing with links, mainly to help with a bit of SEO was my main reason and amazon is big. Yes I know they are not follow links but still helps a bit. Also, they are NOT affiliate links. So the post was literally just there as information, Not sales on my part. I'm pretty sure there is an affiliate link checker online if anyone cares to search for that and use it.

I am not signed up as an amazon affiliate or any other distributor. I wrote it on my site with the mindset that many people use amazon. Not trying to take away from Autogeek at all.

I have ordered thousands of dollars here, as well as Amazon, which I would assume most here do as well.

After I wrote it, I was like oh ya hey this could be beneficial for some on x site .... and here it is, among others.

Completely understand. I always give everyone the benefit of the doubt and I did so in this case. After seeing your post I checked out the article and your entire website. Then I looked up your posting history. In my book, you're a good guy. Not a trouble maker. And I see a LOT of people doing things like you did, that is instead of writing and article to help others on the platform you're active on, people do this type of stuff on the platform they want to grow and then share it on other platforms. It's something that happens all the time.

The worst offenders are the hit-n-run YouTubers that have zero history of engagement to the platform they spam and have no intention of being active on the platforms they spam - so yeah... it's only normal it creates a negative image for them on the platforms they spam versus a positive image.

Sad thing is, they could create and maintain a positive image if they were simply a "part" of the community instead of simply a person trying to leverage what someone else built.

Hell, what to do what do do. Would like to post helpful stuff here and there with write ups like this. If I use amazon then the issue is here, autopia, and Meguairs are probably not gonna like it. Then on the other hand if I was to use AutoGeek links ... well then same thing. Autopia and Meguairs is probably not gonna like it much either.

Do you all even have an affiliate program with links and selling?
    As far as I know, none of the Autogeek platforms offer any type of affiliate program.

One thing I do when I share what I write on other platforms is a cater to that platform's rules or protocols.

Well, crap again lol. I may just have to delete this and from the other sites as well and just forgo the helping out part with blog posts in future so as not to step on any ones toes with money.
    As someone that enjoys helping others via sharing information, if this is your passion I would encourage you to continue, just do so in a way that conforms to whichever platform you're sharing information on.

Oh and thanks for looking me up before making a decision.
    Of course. I don't make rash decisions when it comes to these types of things. This isn't the Mike Phillips forum, it's the Autogeek's forum and it's their business, I'm just in charge of overseeing it.

Just let me know what you want me to do. Or just kill it if you decide. Either way.

Thanks again!

I'm good with letting it go. Everyone can click the link to your site and read what you wrote and do what they will.

Moving forward, if you decide to continue creating helpful content, just share it in a way that conforms to each platform you share it - their rules or protocols.