autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions? Most durable paint sealant, that’s easy on-off?

Thanks everyone, for the awesome info! This really saved me a lot of time in digging through the status quo of the product market these days.

This guy’s head to head comparison was awesome- I didn’t get to see the details on the test methods he used, but it’s fun to see a head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    I like Griot's 3 in 1 at the moment. Very easy to use. Proved to be very durable as well.

Ultimate Ceramic Spray Coating Test UPDATE 11 - 20 products compared - 7 MONTH UPDATE - Top 3? - YouTube
    Given all the feedback about Griot’s 3-in-1, I’m gonna give it a shot this time around. What really got me interested was Griot’s emphasis on using it over rubber and plastic trim. With no time to mask, I’m all for that approach.

I did see reviews stating that it could leave high spots/streaking behind if not worked fast enough… but compared to true coatings, I’m sure it’s far easier. Been there, done that whole coating high spot removal thing…

This is definitely going to be painful (skipping paint correction), but at least the paint will live to see another day!

Thanks again!

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Only thing easier than some of these ceramic spray products like Griot's 3 in 1 would be something like a Gyeon Wet Coat where you spray, rinse, dry, done.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    I'd be tempted to use Meguiar's Hybrid Paint Coating.

Typically I'd never recommend coating a vehicle without polishing first. But in your case it ticks all your boxes for performance, ease of application, etc, and if a ceramic sealant like Griot's 3-in-1 will bond I don't see why this wouldn't.

Perhaps clay the whole vehicle first if it needs it. And apply HPC over everything except glass. So no issues with staining trim or other plastics, etc.
    Agree with him here. Although not a sealant as it is a coating, it goes on and off super easy and slick and it might be the most hydrophobic product I’ve ever used. I’m 6 months in on my daily and it still looks like day 1. Very impressive.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123