autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Overspray from painting

The other day my neighbors were out in there back yard spray painting some old chairs white. The next morning I noticed it. Both my trucks were covered in overspray.
    I wasn't amused. I just did my black truck withe Blackfire one step and a coat of Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Caranuba Paste Wax a couple weeks ago. It didn't come off with detail spray. Now I'm really not amused.
    With temps in the upper 90's yesterday I had to break out the PC 7424xp and go over the whole truck with one step again. I didnt do 8 passes over each panel like Mike P. but just a few passes. Then a coat of the Midnight Sun.
    After all the sweat I actually think it looks better this time.
    I'm waiting for cooler weather for the other truck.
    BTW the neighbors hadn't a clue what happened still dont.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Overspray from painting

Quote Originally Posted by dieselfan1 View Post
    The other day my neighbors were out in there back yard spray painting some old chairs white. The next morning I noticed it. Both my trucks were covered in overspray.
    I wasn't amused. I just did my black truck withe Blackfire one step and a coat of Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Caranuba Paste Wax a couple weeks ago. It didn't come off with detail spray. Now I'm really not amused.
    With temps in the upper 90's yesterday I had to break out the PC 7424xp and go over the whole truck with one step again. I didnt do 8 passes over each panel like Mike P. but just a few passes. Then a coat of the Midnight Sun.

I feel your frustration. On three separate occasions I've had over spray on my car at work. The first time they got over spray on nine cars from the building next door, I was the first to notice, they didn't believe me, then we found it on the other cars, and had to admit they were at fault, they paid to have them all clayed and polished. Second time was just mine, and I fixed myself, third time was an idiot with a roller painting a railing next to my car, which I caught while it was still wet, used some IPA we had at work. That dude almost got himself hurt. I latter found out he was doing things to deliberately get fired.

I'd be warning those neighbours, politely of course.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Would be in your best interest to inform your neihbors of the incident.....if you dont then whos to say it will not happen again??

First time was mistake so id use kindness, if it happens again after that then id be make a claim

Post Thanks / Like

I'd let them know before the other truck so they can see it.

Mike Phillips

I wasn't amused.

Bummer man. And this is why I wrote this article back in 2005 - by today's date in the year 2021 that's 16 years ago.

How often do I need to clay my car's finish?

I just did my black truck withe Blackfire one step and a coat of Blackfire Midnight Sun Ivory Caranuba Paste Wax a couple weeks ago. It didn't come off with detail spray. Now I'm really not amused.
    Real bummer.

If machine polishing with the BLACKFIRE One Step removed the overspray paint without having to use DETAILING CLAY - I would say you got luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Bummer man. And this is why I wrote this article back in 2005 - by today's date in the year 2021 that's 16 years ago.

How often do I need to clay my car's finish?

Real bummer.

If machine polishing with the BLACKFIRE One Step removed the overspray paint without having to use DETAILING CLAY - I would say you got luck.

I probably should have just clayed it and called it good but there were a few blemishes here and there that didn't come out the first time I one stepped it.
    Most of those are gone now and it's it probably looks better this time.

7. Likes Big Dave liked this post
    Mike Phillips

it probably looks better this time.

Looks bad ass to me!

9. Thanks dieselfan1 thanked for this post