autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Yes, I am that lazy.

    Do you use this method? Which products are the easiest?

  2. #2
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Fl
    Posts
    1,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    This is equivalent to soaping up in the shower and then immediately drying off with a towel….

    You can do exactly what you want by just using an all-in-one which is wax and polish together, a good one is blackfire One Step.
    Glen
    21 BMW X2 M35i

    (old and highly opinionated)

  3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  4. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    I don’t actually remove all of the polish with an LSP. Rather, I don’t strive to buff to perfection as I immediately apply a wax or sealant with a small amount of polish residue still remaining and use the wax or sealant to finish.

  5. #4
    Super Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Eastern L.I. NY
    Posts
    8,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Ummmm.......

    If you are "that lazy", how did you muster the gumption to get dressed and walk outside to the vehicle?
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  6. Likes robwoodgto liked this post
  7. #5
    Super Member FUNX650's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    21,017
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by NHBFAN View Post
    Yes, I am that lazy.

    Do you use this method?

    Quote Originally Posted by PBoy View Post
    I don’t actually remove all of the
    polish with an LSP. Rather, I don’t
    strive to buff to perfection as I
    immediately apply a wax or sealant
    with a small amount of polish residue
    still remaining and use the wax or
    sealant to finish.
    •With the innate idiosyncrasies involved
    in attempting the total removal of Meguiar’s
    M07’s (“Pure Polish”) residues being the
    one exception…

    -I personally don’t ever use this method.



    •Rather:
    -I don’t consider it to be a “Best Practice”
    in the overall scheme of Detailing.

    •Then again:
    -If this method works for you guys…



    Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

  8. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by FUNX650 View Post
    •With the innate idiosyncrasies involved
    in attempting the total removal of Meguiar’s
    M07’s (“Pure Polish”) residues being the
    one exception…

    -I personally don’t ever use this method.



    •Rather:
    -I don’t consider it to be a “Best Practice”
    in the overall scheme of Detailing.

    •Then again:
    -If this method works for you guys…



    Bob
    Could have swore I read somewhere on AG that a little polish residue actually aids in bonding.



    Of course I can’t find the reference now.

  9. #7
    Super Member 57Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by PBoy View Post
    Could have swore I read somewhere on AG that a little polish residue actually aids in bonding.

    My old chemistry prof says that ain't happening ...

  10. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    173
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    My old chemistry prof says that ain't happening ...
    It was a review of a specific paint cleaner or polish (No not DG 601).

    Maybe P21S paint cleaner???

    Damm age related senescence memory loss.

    I’m going to find that vid now. My life has purpose!

  11. #9
    Super Member 57Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,003
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Quote Originally Posted by PBoy View Post
    It was a review of a specific paint cleaner or polish (No not DG 601).

    Perhaps it was CarPro Essence ?

  12. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Removing polish with wax and/or sealant

    Is this initial question referencing to a "method" developed by a famous detailer that he applies an AIO in 20 mins around the car and remove it with a "sealant"???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-25-2021, 04:04 PM
  2. Removing old sealant from PPF
    By Diamond Dog in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-27-2020, 08:40 AM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-19-2013, 02:37 AM
  4. Need help removing dried polish/wax/ and or sealant.
    By ProDetail in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM
  5. Removing a sealant?
    By TLMitchell in forum Wolfgang Car Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-11-2009, 12:23 PM

Members who have read this thread: 68

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» July 2021

S M T W T F S
27282930 1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31