autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are any of you using aerosol tire dressings?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You know what? I honestly have no idea.

I apply the product, wipe any excess, and then never give it a second thought. I have never thought to actually go stick my fingertip on the tire to see.

I will be sure to do this the next time I use it, because now I'm curious...... Lol
    Same......once I wiped off the excess......I was done. Tires looked great, so I was happy

2. Likes robwoodgto liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robwoodgto View Post
    Does it dry to the touch? I currently use Endurance and I would like to try a product that dries to the touch.
    Meguairs Ultimate Black tire coating dries but takes a bit of time. Probably depends on if you spray and let sit or spray and wipe.

I think the Griots Black Satin dries but wiping it off helps reduce sling if you are going to drive the vehicle soon after application.

4. Thanks robwoodgto thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    You know what? I honestly have no idea.

I apply the product, wipe any excess, and then never give it a second thought. I have never thought to actually go stick my fingertip on the tire to see.

I will be sure to do this the next time I use it, because now I'm curious...... Lol
    You know in the scheme of things does it really matter? Well, I have always complained to myself about Meguiars Endurance having this greasy residue left over even after I buffed excess off, that when I wash my tires I have to use an old unwashed nasty terry towel that I throw away after a couple of uses because I am not going to wash it in my washing machine. My wife would not be happy. I just assumed they all did that.

Then I read where Mike didn’t like it either and that’s why he used the DP Coating product that dries to the touch. Well, I want a product that looks as good as Endurance (which looks great) without the greasy mess left on my tires.

Again, a thank you to you Paul and everyone else that post here and provide an environment where we can all learn something new on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

6. Likes dgage, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I think the Griots Black Satin dries but wiping it off helps reduce sling if you are going to drive the vehicle soon after application.
    This might seem crazy but I have never had endurance sling on me, or that I could tell. I apply it on all 4 tires. Clean my glass then wipe down the tires with my “as previously stated” nasty terry towel. Plus it’s on a black car so maybe I just can’t easily see the slinging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123