autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Optimum ONR (blue) Updated Formula?

Hi All,

I've been using Ultima Waterless and Wolfgang Uber (pink) for a few years now.
    I know they both have some form of synthetic gloss enhancers.

I've been wanting to try ONR (blue) for a while now (not the green one) due to not having gloss enhancers for paint-prep use cases.
    However... I was reading on Optimum's website that ONR has a new updated formula:

Code:
    Optimum No Rinse™ Wash & Shine New & Improved formula offers the Ultimate in lubricity during the wash as well as drying with greater gloss and protection.
    The polymers in the new formula have been modified to improve encapsulation and create a greater barrier between the dirt particulates and automotive finishes.
    You will notice the greater lubricity while washing your car with Big Red Sponge or other wash media as well as during the drying process with Optimum Microfiber towels.
    The new formula will also leave more protection and gloss than before!
    Has anyone used the newer updated formula of ONR?
    I was hoping to get the rinseless version without these extra gloss enhancers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Optimum ONR (blue) Updated Formula?

Quote Originally Posted by Dredogol View Post
    Hi All,

I've been using Ultima Waterless and Wolfgang Uber (pink) for a few years now.
    I know they both have some form of synthetic gloss enhancers.

I've been wanting to try ONR (blue) for a while now (not the green one) due to not having gloss enhancers for paint-prep use cases.
    However... I was reading on Optimum's website that ONR has a new updated formula:

Code:
    Optimum No Rinse™ Wash & Shine New & Improved formula offers the Ultimate in lubricity during the wash as well as drying with greater gloss and protection.
    The polymers in the new formula have been modified to improve encapsulation and create a greater barrier between the dirt particulates and automotive finishes.
    You will notice the greater lubricity while washing your car with Big Red Sponge or other wash media as well as during the drying process with Optimum Microfiber towels.
    The new formula will also leave more protection and gloss than before!
    I have not tried this but if you want a great rinseless wash that leaves nothing behind, McKee's 37 N-914 is the way to go. I stopped using ONR when I tried Wolfgang Uber and then stopped using Uber when I tried N-914. I still have ONR and Uber here but just can't use them instead of the better product.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I have not tried this but if you want a great rinseless wash that leaves nothing behind, McKee's 37 N-914 is the way to go. I stopped using ONR when I tried Wolfgang Uber and then stopped using Uber when I tried N-914. I still have ONR and Uber here but just can't use them instead of the better product.
    Bruno,
    Do you use that version instead due to wanting nothing between your current wash + your preferred protective LSP (don't want those other rinseless 'gloss enhancers' getting in the way)?
    Also, it says N-914 is discontinued!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    ...just wish McKees would give a better discount to Detailer’s especially since they are supplying retail outlets like Advanced and Autozone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Bruno,
    Do you use that version instead due to wanting nothing between your current wash + your preferred protective LSP (don't want those other rinseless 'gloss enhancers' getting in the way)?
    Also, it says N-914 is discontinued!
    I use it because it cleans better and leaves no protection behind, meaning it doesn't interfere with my coating. You won't find N-914 at Autogeek as they stopped selling McKee's 37 products, you'll have to source it directly from McKee's 37's website.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cameradude View Post
    ...just wish McKees would give a better discount to Detailer’s especially since they are supplying retail outlets like Advanced and Autozone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have a program geared towards the pro and you can save like 30 or 40% every day. But I believe you must have a detailing business to qualify.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

I have not. Moved to trying out N-914 and Griot's Brilliant Finish Rinseless Wash for that reason. Until recently, direct through Optimum was the only way to be sure to get the new ONR formula but Autogeek now has some sizes marked as the new formula.