autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Nano: luxury or very useful

Quote Originally Posted by Texchappy View Post
    If I wanted to put out the cash fir top of the line, Flex PiXiE or Rupes Nano? See threads asking for comparison but not many concrete answers.
    While there is overlap in what the tools can do I see them as different tools.

I almost exclusively use the PXE as a 3" DA polisher. Small, light, effective.

I grab the nano to get into tighter spaces and for working even smaller areas where more precision may be needed.

2. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nano: luxury or very useful

If I wanted to put out the cash fir top of the line, Flex PiXiE or Rupes Nano? See threads asking for comparison but not many concrete answers.
    There is almost NEVER a concrete answer here no matter what you ask. There are always at least 2 sides and sometimes multiple sides.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Flex is a better tool and more versatile but if you’re buying one to get into tight spaces, then it has to be the ibrid nano. The Flex works with 1” pads but it’s a little bulky and won’t fit the spots the Rupes can.
    Bruno Soares

5. Thanks Texchappy thanked for this post
    Likes Texchappy, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Been going back and forth on this for a while, all the more so since Autogeek put the short neck systainer on sale. Pulled the trigger on it this afternoon.

7. Likes Bruno Soares, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While not quite a small as the Nano or Ibrid, I just picked up a Griots G8. After using it for the first time two weeks ago, I wondered why I waited so long.

When detailing a 2020 Dodge charger I found it small enough to get into just about everywhere I needed to go and was able to get into plenty of places unreachable with my G15. At this point I think a 3" polisher is a better in general than a much smaller tool unless you have some very small ornate areas like on an old classic car or a motorcycle. The fact it's great for polishing out headlights is an added bonus.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    While not quite a small as the Nano or Ibrid, I just picked up a Griots G8. After using it for the first time two weeks ago, I wondered why I waited so long.

When detailing a 2020 Dodge charger I found it small enough to get into just about everywhere I needed to go and was able to get into plenty of places unreachable with my G15. At this point I think a 3" polisher is a better in general than a much smaller tool unless you have some very small ornate areas like on an old classic car or a motorcycle. The fact it's great for polishing out headlights is an added bonus.
    I agree, I'd not want to have something like a G15 and a nano only. I think a 3" polisher has more use than a Nano. If you then want a 3rd polisher, sure, the nano is a good investment but only if you find yourself always wanting to get to that super tight spot and your 3" polisher (even with the 2" pad the G8 supports) can't reach.
    Bruno Soares

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12