autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Windshield coating - skipping wipers (new car)

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    It sounded like you had a wiper arm adjustment problem which is now fixed..
    Actually the dealership mentioned those arms cannot have their angle of contact adjusted, which I also find strange. They confirmed they adjusted only how far the wiper should reach to the A pillar. The springs on those wiper arms are so extremely tight that if I lift and accidentally drop on the windshield it would break it. Something my detailer has also noticed and thinks might be causing the skipping- wipers sitting really tight on the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Try putting the coating on half the glass and see how it responds. If all is good then finish the other half.
    Sounds like a good option, but since I am not doing it myself it’s either the whole or none.

Actually to be honest I just recalled that a week before doing the wiper adjustment and with removed coating , I was driving in rainy weather on the highway and didn’t experience any skipping at all.

I went to the dealership just to fix the A pillar being hit by the driver wiper.

As much as it sounds like wiper adjustment that was fixed I really don’t want to go the same path on a brand new car , because in light rain I still hear the judder a bit not having the coating on.

Maybe a general question - does the glass coating , coating like Gtechniq G1 provide any extra layer of protection against wiper scratches or any light debris on the windshield. That’s the only thing I would like to reapply it for if it does indeed adds that extra protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonPride View Post
    Maybe a general question - does the glass coating , coating like Gtechniq G1 provide any extra layer of protection against wiper scratches or any light debris on the windshield. That’s the only thing I would like to reapply it for if it does indeed adds that extra protection.
    No, no coating is hard enough to provide that level of protection, especially on glass which is really hard to scratch on its own.
    Bruno Soares

3. Likes The Guz, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SalmonPride View Post
    Sounds like a good option, but since I am not doing it myself it’s either the whole or none.

Actually to be honest I just recalled that a week before doing the wiper adjustment and with removed coating , I was driving in rainy weather on the highway and didn’t experience any skipping at all.

I went to the dealership just to fix the A pillar being hit by the driver wiper.

As much as it sounds like wiper adjustment that was fixed I really don’t want to go the same path on a brand new car , because in light rain I still hear the judder a bit not having the coating on.

Applying a glass coating is not that difficult to do. It’s not rocket science. McKee’s glass coating is fool proof. Heck you could use rain x.

Keep your glass clean and the rubber clean to avoid scratches. Replace the wipers as needed.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456