autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I recently went through this and got the OG-spec gun. Totally overkill, I wouldn't buy it again but I'd still probably pay up for a swiveling Mosmatic.

Whatever you do I'd definitely get a swiveling one and I'd highly recommend quality quick disconnects. Just pay attention to coupler size to match your pressure washer hose.

I have the OG-Spec Mosmatic gun, wand, 50' Kobrajet pressure hose, 6.5' inlet hose, stainless quick disconnects all around (including the inlet hose) all hooked up to a Active VE52 pressure washer. I paid top dollar but I'm very happy with the setup.
    I am deciding which pressure washer I want to go with, and seeing a lot of people praise the Active VE52. Its about 200 on Amazon so not a lot more than the cheaper washers out there. Any thoughts on if the extra expense the extra GPM is worth it? I think I would probably use as is for a little while until I upgrade the hose and gun. I think the Active hose and gun are a bit better than some of the cheaper washers?

I had a cheap karcher for a long time that crapped out on me a while ago. I was happy with it, but also never tried to use it with a foam cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
    I am deciding which pressure washer I want to go with, and seeing a lot of people praise the Active VE52. Its about 200 on Amazon so not a lot more than the cheaper washers out there. Any thoughts on if the extra expense the extra GPM is worth it? I think I would probably use as is for a little while until I upgrade the hose and gun. I think the Active hose and gun are a bit better than some of the cheaper washers?

I had a cheap karcher for a long time that crapped out on me a while ago. I was happy with it, but also never tried to use it with a foam cannon.
    I upgraded from a Ryobi RY14122 and I can tell you it was a noticeable improvement. I don't use a foam cannon at the moment and I swapped out the stock hose/gun/wand immediately so I can't really comment on those. I will say the hose on the Active out of the box feels better than the atrocious hose that came with the Ryobi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by serper3 View Post

The active gets praise for it's output. It uses a different kind of pump to achieve pressure and flow numbers that no other pressure washer at it's price point can really hit.

That being said it also has a reputation for low quality control and premature failure.

It's like most $200 pressure washers for when it stops working you just throw it away and buy another. That expense can add up fast over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    It’s not the same gun. The kleen rite gun’s internals are all bronze, the internals of the OG gun is all stainless. The kleen rite gun also has the swivel extending from the bottom of the gun, the OG gun swivel is inside of the handle making it more compact.

Whether all of that matters to you is personal preference, but they are not the same gun and the OG gun is exclusive to him only.
    Just to add some visuals to your post -

The Original Mosmatic gun has similar fittings to the MTM SGS 28. Both have a larger swiveling coupler.

MTM SGS 28 -

Original Mosmatic -

OG Spec Mosmatic with a different nozzle quick disconnect and more compact swiveling coupler -

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the operational difference between all three is minimal. Any of the three guns would be a massive upgrade on what comes with most pressure washers.

5. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes dwaleke, PearTree, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

How about the KobraJet hose? The hose is 3/8". I remember hearing on several videos that the diameter didn't mater when it came to output. Also, there was no difference between 50' or 100' hose output. I was wondering if the larger KobraJet hose weight made it more stressful during use? I was wondering why they don't make a 1/4" hose, too.

7. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    How about the KobraJet hose? The hose is 3/8". I remember hearing on several videos that the diameter didn't mater when it came to output. Also, there was no difference between 50' or 100' hose output. I was wondering if the larger KobraJet hose weight made it more stressful during use? I was wondering why they don't make a 1/4" hose, too.
    Yes, although the KobraJet hose is nice, it's really heavy. I did not see any improvement over my previous 1/4" hose from Amazon. If you have a hose reel, then it's totally fine. I don't and hate each time I need to roll that KobraJet again to put it away.
    Bruno Soares

9. Likes Azure liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    It’s not the same gun. The kleen rite gun’s internals are all bronze, the internals of the OG gun is all stainless. The kleen rite gun also has the swivel extending from the bottom of the gun, the OG gun swivel is inside of the handle making it more compact.

Whether all of that matters to you is personal preference, but they are not the same gun and the OG gun is exclusive to him only.
    Sorry, but I am not exactly sure who might have misinformed you regarding this information. The internals of the OG gun are NOT STAINLESS and are exactly the same as the one i was referring to that is sold for almost half the price at Kleen Rite. The only difference is that yes the OG gun is shorter by about 1/2" and that it is being called "THE OG GUN". If you don't mind paying more than double to save 1/2" then more power to you but I would rather save my money while getting the same product.

Post Thanks / Like

I recently replaced my MTM wand and nozzles with OG Spec Mosmatic items.

Mosmatic (top) and MTM (bottom).

Today I added the OG Mosmatic gun to complete the set.

OG Spec (left) and MTM SGS 28 (right).

image hosting sites

The wand and nozzles are decent upgrades compared to the MTM items. The connections are more precise, the wand has a softer handle and better balance, the nozzles are easier to fit and remove as well as being more defined in their output.

This gun is incrementally better than the SGS 28 and certainly feels very nice to hold with a shorter and smoother trigger action. As per the wand and nozzles, the quick-connects are higher quality. The Mosmatic has a shorter inlet fitting with the swiveling hardware being hidden within the gun housing, making it more balanced and less bulky once the hose is connected.

Can't wait to try the OG Spec gun out.

12. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I liked the trigger on the MTM gun better than the OG gun. Not sure why but it was easier to engage, not as stiff. Maybe I can't describe it well but it just felt nicer IMO. But the OG gun definitely is solid and works great. I gave my MTM gun to my brother who had been using the SunJoe gigantic one that came with the power washer.
    Bruno Soares

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a decent gun from CREEXEON on amazon that includes a swivel. I'm sure its not MTM quality but it certainty seems pretty tough for a weekend warrior. I've used it 7 or 8 times over the summer so far.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast