autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What's yours?

I've long been running the gun/wand that came with my Ryobi pressure washer. Originally was planning on upgrading right away, but it's been fine.

Now that I'm changing up my pressure washer situation, seems like a good time to upgrade the gun to something better. Specifically, I'm looking to get a short gun as the plan is to be using a cordless PW in the garage.

I see Mosmatic and MTM seem to be highly regarded. For an at home user - is it worth it to just go big and get the Mosmatic? Feels a little silly to end up with as much in the gun as I have into either (admittedly entry level) pressure washer, but I also don't want to worry about getting some piece of junk.

Also, is it worth just getting a preassembled one from Obsessed Garage? One of my big concerns with trying to build one cheaply is that you end up with a quick connect that's itching to launch your spray tip at 100mph at your paint. I've seen Obsessed Garage mentioned quite a bit, but I'm not real familiar if there'd be any reason to avoid them. Not the cheapest, but it seems like he's done a lot of testing to be sure he's got quality parts.

So, what are you folks running, and how do you like it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What's yours?

I never used the one that came in my power washer. I immediately bought an MTM SG-28 back then and the lack of swivel was making me regret a bit not spending more for the SGS-28. So I decided to replace that gun and went for the Obsessed Garage gun which is pricy, made by Mosmatic to his specs. Very nice gun, I hope it will last a long time.
    Bruno Soares

3. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I also bought the wand from OG but I wouldn't recommend. Not because it's bad at all but I rarely use it. Maybe once or twice a year to clean the deck, for car washing I just use the short gun and find that better. If you have an SUV then the wand might be useful.
    I also rarely use my foam cannon anymore, wastes too much soap. I now just rinse the car and proceed with the bucket wash. If the car is filthy, which basically never happens, then I'll use the foam cannon. Last time I used was with a coating prep soap before detailing the car a year ago.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    I never used the one that came in my power washer. I immediately bought an MTM SG-28 back then and the lack of swivel was making me regret a bit not spending more for the SGS-28. So I decided to replace that gun and went for the Obsessed Garage gun which is pricy, made by Mosmatic to his specs. Very nice gun, I hope it will last a long time.
    I was eyeballing that Mosmatic with the swivel. I like that you can rebuild it if needed.

It's funny - in my professional life, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the best of something; for some reason since it's for my hobby all of a sudden I'm considering cheap stuff. Then again, what's the saying? Buy once, cry once?

Was debating if the MTM would be a fine substitute at a slightly lower pain point though. I think that one is also rebuildable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    I was eyeballing that Mosmatic with the swivel. I like that you can rebuild it if needed.

It's funny - in my professional life, I wouldn't hesitate to buy the best of something; for some reason since it's for my hobby all of a sudden I'm considering cheap stuff. Then again, what's the saying? Buy once, cry once?

Was debating if the MTM would be a fine substitute at a slightly lower pain point though. I think that one is also rebuildable.
    Yeah, the SGS-28 is pretty good. A buddy of mine bought it from Amazon and paid about half of what my OG gun cost. When I bought my stuff from OG I waited for his annual 10% off free shipping sale as he normally doesn't discount anything. It's a quality product and based on being used for personal vehicles only, I expect it to last.
    I also got the hose from OG and although it's a nice hose, it's also heavy and a pain to use w/o a hose reel. Handling that hose that is much heavier than my previous hose from Amazon is not something I enjoy.
    Bruno Soares

7. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the MTM SGS-28 - it's been great (3+ years now) of semi regular weekly washes in summer + other PW uses.....

For the hobbyist it's a great option.

I also have MTM Cobrajet Hose - the Grey heavy duty - overkill - heavy but nice quality with no issues...... Most have stated the Black is better option for hobbyist.

MTM is an excellent choice to save a little on budget - although still not the cheapest - but perfect for hobbyist usage.

9. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to know on the MTM - Thanks!

I know I've seen it cheaper via other avenues, but I might go the OG route just to know I'm getting quality fittings with it.

I have the 35 ft Ryobi hose (their "extension" hose, not just the 25'r the machines come with). It actually works out just fine for me. As long as you lay it out straight before you start, I haven't had any issues. I'm guessing with a swivel on the gun it'll be even better.

11. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mosmatic all the way. After a couple cheap Amazon pieces that failed quickly, I had to bite the bullet. ZERO complaints!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

13. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the same mosmatic with swivel for last 4 years without issue. Rather than purchasing from OG for $175 I purchased from kleen-ritecorp for $75 (now it's at $106.69. I use it with kranzle 1122, perfect combo. Hobbyist that maintains only my owned cars both the PW and the mosmatic are worth it.

15. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes dwaleke, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

MTM SG35 been a trooper for 3 years. I didn’t treat it nice as if it leaked or cracked or broke in anyway I could justify buying the mosmatic.

Still works perfectly.... so i just bought the mosmatic swivel.

Can get the set up for $40 less and spend that on something else. The MTM gun is built well you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast