autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What's yours?

Quote Originally Posted by serper3 View Post
    I am deciding which pressure washer I want to go with, and seeing a lot of people praise the Active VE52. Its about 200 on Amazon so not a lot more than the cheaper washers out there. Any thoughts on if the extra expense the extra GPM is worth it? I think I would probably use as is for a little while until I upgrade the hose and gun. I think the Active hose and gun are a bit better than some of the cheaper washers?

I had a cheap karcher for a long time that crapped out on me a while ago. I was happy with it, but also never tried to use it with a foam cannon.
    I love my little simonize 1800 platinum which is the canadian version of the Active VE52 - looks nearly identical, its so light but it packs a good punch. For light use it makes the most sense to me, a good kranzle is 5-6x the price and close to 5% of the cost of my car!

I also have the 50 foot black kobrajet. Maybe its because i use air hoses, fire hoses etc at work sometimes. I don't think its very heavy - more heavy then cheap hoses of course but it coils very nicely. But like any hose i ever used it will kink if you use it incorrectly. Its not fool proof. But cheap hoses kink VERY easy, they are a PITA!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    For some reason I liked the trigger on the MTM gun better than the OG gun. Not sure why but it was easier to engage, not as stiff. Maybe I can't describe it well but it just felt nicer IMO. But the OG gun definitely is solid and works great. I gave my MTM gun to my brother who had been using the SunJoe gigantic one that came with the power washer.
    I certainly had no issues with the MTM gun, it performed beautifully. Anyone who has the SGS 28 is going to love it too.

Curiosity got the better of me though. I will also note the Mosmatic gun is slightly heavier, I don't know if that's from a sturdier construction of the fact that the swivel is housed inside the gun and altering the weight distribution.

Both MTM and Mosmatic gear is pretty expensive here in Australia. For me, using my pressure washer 2 - 3 times a week, the expense is justified.

Post Thanks / Like

Got my first chance to try out the OG Mosmatic gun today.

My povo spec Ranger was the test subject. Behold those sexy, and very easy to clean, 16 inch steel wheels!

I was always very happy with the MTM SGS 28 gun I had been using for over 12 months. Looking very similar in appearance, I was not expecting to notice a massive difference in use between the SGS 28 and Mosmatic guns. However, the OG Gun is just that little bit better in a couple of ways. It is more ergonomic to use, especially with a wand attached, and I like the more precise quick connects. But its the swiveling inlet fitting that impresses most, it's smoother and has a "well oiled" feel in operation compared to the MTM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234