autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure Washer Spray Gun - What's yours?

I use a MTM SGS-28 that came as a part of my Kranzle package.

I could not be happier with this set-up. From what I can gather, the Mosmatic offers incremental improvements over the SGS-28 but you will not be disappointed by the MTM version, and this is something OG also highlights in his videos.

2. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the MTM-SG28 also LOVE IT
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

4. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help gang!

I think based on my use I'm going to go the MTM SGS-28 route. Probably going to be lazy and get it from Obsessed Garage so I know all the fittings will work and are of good quality.

Just got my Cordless Pressure Washer today; adding a stubby gun should be perfect for working inside the garage. (Long story short - going to try doing a lot more RW's in the garage. Will be doing a pressure washer pre-rinse for safety's sake.)

6. Likes Bruno Soares, DFB liked this post
    Dislikes zefer disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently went through this and got the OG-spec gun. Totally overkill, I wouldn't buy it again but I'd still probably pay up for a swiveling Mosmatic.

Whatever you do I'd definitely get a swiveling one and I'd highly recommend quality quick disconnects. Just pay attention to coupler size to match your pressure washer hose.

I have the OG-Spec Mosmatic gun, wand, 50' Kobrajet pressure hose, 6.5' inlet hose, stainless quick disconnects all around (including the inlet hose) all hooked up to a Active VE52 pressure washer. I paid top dollar but I'm very happy with the setup.

8. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You'll like it. I have the SGS-28 as well. I bought mine from OG when I bought my Comet pressure washer. I bought the wand and hardly use it, but it is a nice piece. I've using the hose that came with my Comet and it's worked great. It's easy to move around and doesn't kink. With the swivel, it's easy to re-position if the hose is in my way. One thing that would be nice with the cobrajet hose is how it has a smooth surface. My Comet hose has a rough surface and wants to grab stuff (like grass, leaves, debris) and cling to the hose as I roll it up. I wish the cobrajet hose was 1/4" rather than 3/8". I think it would be lighter and easier to maneuver.

10. Likes Bruno Soares, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Soares View Post
    Oh, I also bought the wand from OG but I wouldn't recommend. Not because it's bad at all but I rarely use it. Maybe once or twice a year to clean the deck, for car washing I just use the short gun and find that better. If you have an SUV then the wand might be useful.
    I also rarely use my foam cannon anymore, wastes too much soap. I now just rinse the car and proceed with the bucket wash. If the car is filthy, which basically never happens, then I'll use the foam cannon. Last time I used was with a coating prep soap before detailing the car a year ago.
    Funny I like the OG wand, I turn the little kink at the end upwards to get under and around side skirts and running boards when I'm doing the initial rinse.

I also took a pass on the foam cannon. If the car is really *that* bad I'll just load up some prewash or apc into a regular spray bottle or pump sprayer.

12. Likes Bruno Soares, dwaleke, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneheadlite View Post
    Thanks for all the help gang!

I think based on my use I'm going to go the MTM SGS-28 route. Probably going to be lazy and get it from Obsessed Garage so I know all the fittings will work and are of good quality.

Just got my Cordless Pressure Washer today; adding a stubby gun should be perfect for working inside the garage. (Long story short - going to try doing a lot more RW's in the garage. Will be doing a pressure washer pre-rinse for safety's sake.)
    I don't think it is lazy to get it from OG.

They did a lot to modernize the car pressure washing game and made it easy to buy the correct parts. For me, the idea that I can buy something and just have it work is worth the additional money.

14. Likes oneheadlite, fly07sti liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A couple years ago I bought a cheap Ryobi pressure washer with a custom MTM M407 gun setup with swivel. I was pretty happy with it overall even though my pressure washer struggled to output more than ~700psi. But it was nicer to use to wash cars than my 4000psi 4GPM gas pressure washer. Low noise, auto-shut off, no smelly exhaust, etc.

Out of curiosity about everyone saying the Mosmatic gun was a lot better I figured I`d find out.

I ordered the following parts from Kleen-rite.com and this was everything needed (aside from tips and teflon tape) to connect to your 3/8" quick connect hose.

(1) Mosmatic 29.132 High Pressure Relaxed Action Blue Non-Weep Spray Gun (BOMP29132)
    (1) Mosmatic 26.723 Bent 20 In. Spray Wand With 8 In. Grip - 1/4 M X 1/4 F (BOMP26723)
    (1) Mosmatic 29.010 Tip Protector For .6 In. And 3/8 In. Nozzles (BOMP29010)
    (2) General Pump D10073 Quick Disconnect, Stainless Steel, 1/4 In. NPT-M X 1/4 In. Coupler (HF0361)
    (1) General Pump D11006 Quick Disconnect, Zinc-Plated Hardened Steel, 1/4 In. NPT-F X 1/4 In. Plug (HF0353)
    (1) General Pump D10079 Stainless Steel Quick Disconnect Plug - 3/8" Male (HF0378)

Total price was $145 plus tax & shipping.

I also picked up an AR Blue 630TSS-HOT pressure washer. Obsessed Garage had the best price I could find on the pressure washer, but Kleen-rite had the best price on the Mosmatic stuff. I believe OG`s Mosmatic gun uses stainless steel parts internally where the Klean-rite version is a mix of stainless and brass. The output fitting on the gun is definitely brass. Without opening the gun it`s hard to say what`s inside and I really do not think it matters one way or the other. I never had a problem with brass fittings.

And finally you probably want to know the outcome. Is this gun and wand better than the M407 w/swivel? Yes. Is it $145 better? Probably not, but that depends on how valuable $145 is to you. If you have no gun at all then perhaps this setup is the way to go.

Is the AR Blue 630TSS-HOT a better pressure washer than a $99 Ryobi special? Absolutely. I use mine with a 4.5 orifice tip and it nets me a tick over 1000psi at the gun and while I have not measured the gpm it is supposed to be >= 1.8gpm at that pressure.

16. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Bruno Soares, DFB, PearTree liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot what forum but saw that you can buy the same mosmatic gun for way less at kleen rite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KimJungIllest View Post
    Forgot what forum but saw that you can buy the same mosmatic gun for way less at kleen rite
    It’s not the same gun. The kleen rite gun’s internals are all bronze, the internals of the OG gun is all stainless. The kleen rite gun also has the swivel extending from the bottom of the gun, the OG gun swivel is inside of the handle making it more compact.

Whether all of that matters to you is personal preference, but they are not the same gun and the OG gun is exclusive to him only.

19. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes dwaleke, Bruno Soares, dgage liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast