autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Reload as a sealant on uncoated cars - advice needed

Updating my 15 year-old detail routine: Historically, I’ve used Klasse All-In-One and Sealant Glaze. I’m planning to switch to CarPro Reload. My car is not coated, so it would just be Reload (after decontamination, polish, and sanitation). Will probably use Elixir as a drying agent / QD following washes.

Will this approach yield results as good or better than my old routine?

Background info:
    Audi S4 with monsoon gray metallic paint
    Garaged, low mileage daily driver
    Pacific Northwest region in terms of weather and road conditions

Mike Phillips

Re: Reload as a sealant on uncoated cars - advice needed

Hi spex,

Your first post was put into the Moderator's Que due to the BB Code you used to create the post. If you would have just types and not colored and font coded the text it would have sailed through.

As for your question?

I would say "yes".

The Klasse AIO is a good non-abrasive cleaner/sealant that does a great job of prepping paint in good condition for the Klasse Sealant Glaze, but the CarPro Reload will amp up the hydrophobicity on the paint surface giving the car a better self-cleaning effect plus make washing and drying faster.

Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spex View Post
    Updating my 15 year-old detail routine: Historically, I’ve used Klasse All-In-One and Sealant Glaze. I’m planning to switch to CarPro Reload. My car is not coated, so it would just be Reload (after decontamination, polish, and sanitation). Will probably use Elixir as a drying agent / QD following washes.

Will this approach yield results as good or better than my old routine?

Background info:
    Audi S4 with monsoon gray metallic paint
    Garaged, low mileage daily driver
    Pacific Northwest region in terms of weather and road conditions

Yes, but IMO there are a number of better more long lasting options if you're looking to use just a simple spray on sealant that makes things super easy. Is that the main goal here?

I use a lot of CarPro products and reload is not one of their better ones outside just using it after a coating to help protect it while it finishes curing.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

4. Likes vobro, Texchappy, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. There are much better options than Reload. If you are going through all that prep go with Gyeon CanCoat and maintain it.

6. Likes Texchappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Your first post was put into the Moderator's Que due to the BB Code you used to create the post. If you would have just types and not colored and font coded the text it would have sailed through.
    Thanks, Mike. Not sure how the BB code got in there, but will be more careful in future.

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Yes, but IMO there are a number of better more long lasting options if you're looking to use just a simple spray on sealant that makes things super easy. Is that the main goal here?
    I'm taking my car in for a professional detail two weeks. My local shop uses Reload as the LSP. The main goal is to preserve that glossy, just-polished look for as long as possible, while providing a level of protection to the finish. Easy is nice, though I don't mind investing time and effort into maintenance so long as I can do it by hand. I don't own a machine polisher. I live in a condo and do two-bucket hand washes at a local car wash weekly / bi-weekly as needed.

I've done a deep dive of the forums, but there are so many products and opinions. As a novice, it's hard to know which one are compatible so keeping it in the family seemed safest. Appreciate you all sharing your expertise with the newbie.

Mike Phillips

Moved out of the Moderation Queue - now people can see this thread.

Anyone have any suggestions for spex?

Post Thanks / Like

Like others have said, Reload as a LSP leaves a LOT to be desired. I personally have used it 3 times and each time regretted it. Check out Bead Maker for a better spray on sealant.

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that a dynamite combination with unbelievably good gloss is 303 Graphene spray, followed by carpro elixir. Elixir is a combination of two of their products at car Pro, their waterless/ rinse less product ECH20 and reload. It goes on easy and has a great synergy with the 303n as the base “treatment”….
    Glen -

11. Thanks spex thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you want both gloss and some durable protection. You can check out videos on youtube that apply a bunch of spray on sealants on the same hood. From what I can tell, two of the best and longest lasting spray on ceramic sealants are IGL Premier and Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Wax. I have tried IGL Premier. It is an awesome sealant, but is on the pricey side. I just got my first bottle of GG 3-in-1 . I haven't tried it yet, but since it contains both ceramic and carnauba, I think the gloss should be great. And the reviews show it to provide durable protection. At $20 for a 22 ounce bottle, it is definitely cheaper than the IGL.

13. Likes Texchappy, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Griots 3-1 is a lot nicer product than Reload. I’d buy it and have them apply it in reloads stead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Likes dwaleke liked this post