autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ceramic coatings long haul .

So with all the ceramic coatings that are out . It has been a few years of this technology and application . There should be some type of reviews and comparison .Anyone care to start this type of review with comments and pictures also date the application .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ceramic coatings long haul .

Type a coating into Google then write review after it.
    You will get many reviews for pretty much every product
    Ripping through your mind like a hurricane full of novocaine

3. Likes redline, Bruno Soares, dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly… There are 100 discussions here on coatings… And after practically reading all Of them I don’t think there’s one clear winner, there are tons, that are good, in fact if it’s a true coating from a major manufacturer, there’s not a whole heck of a lot of difference. They all work well. Some apply better than others but in my opinion the difference is negligible. Pick your poison and get out your credit card… LOL
    Glen -

5. Likes yello430, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Exactly… There are 100 discussions here on coatings… And after practically reading all Of them I don’t think there’s one clear winner, there are tons, that are good, in fact if it’s a true coating from a major manufacturer, there’s not a whole heck of a lot of difference. They all work well. Some apply better than others but in my opinion the difference is negligible. Pick your poison and get out your credit card… LOL
    I agree there are an absolute ton but I think there is a winner as CQuartz UK has the largest pool of reviews and recommendations across all sorts of sites. There are many good coatings but that one stands above the others in my eyes in terms of reviews and feedback. And it is a really good coating but not perfect as it isn’t as slick as some others. Some add Gliss and a topper for slickness though I went with SiC.

And I would also say it is hard to cut through the hype of new coatings that come out and get a pop of excitement or marketing. You need to look at the long-term reputation as well and again, CQuartz stands above in my eyes.

7. Likes bob m, dwaleke, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by redline View Post
    So with all the ceramic coatings that are out . It has been a few years of this technology and application . There should be some type of reviews and comparison .Anyone care to start this type of review with comments and pictures also date the application .
    I use both CarPro and GYEON products sold here on AG. Most of the good ones will easily last 2-3yrs if you take care of them. I speak not just for the customers but I've had them on my vehicles for as long too.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess I we will agree to disagree. I don’t think it boils down to one or two manufactures at all. I’ve read from people that I trust here good things about GTechnik, Adams coatings, GYEON coatings, Blackfire, Wolfgang, McKees, Meguires, I’ll say it again, if you’re a major manufacturer, their coating will work fine.

I too am a Cquartz type of guy, that’s pretty much what I have on the shelf now and have used on the last two or three cars that I’ve coated. But I would not have a problem buying any one of the other majors either.
    Glen -

10. Likes bob m, Coatingsarecrack, BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    Well I guess I we will agree to disagree. I don’t think it boils down to one or two manufactures at all. I’ve read from people that I trust here good things about GTechnik, Adams coatings, GYEON coatings, Blackfire, Wolfgang, McKees, Meguires, I’ll say it again, if you’re a major manufacturer, their coating will work fine.
    I agree with you as well in terms of quality companies as I have used and am a fan of many of those companies. But trying to find reviews for Blackfire coatings (I have used Pro (not Black edition)) or Gyeon coatings (I have used CanCoat) etc, it is hard to find a large number of reviews...except for CQuartz UK. Even the new CQuartz SiC has few reviews. Do I think CQuartz UK is the best or only quality coating, absolutely not. But from a review standpoint, which was where the OP was coming from, CQuartz UK (in my mind) is above all the others. Not saying it is the best coating by any means because as you say, there are many.

EDIT: And maybe I’m not exposed enough as I don’t use FaceBook or YouTube for reviews, I’m speaking to written reviews in many sites and store fronts.

12. Likes bob m liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 3-step process with coatings:

1- Avoid the crappy coatings (it isn't too hard to identify them with all the content on AGO and the broader Internet)
    2- Assuming there are unique wants or requirements, this will further diminish the field of those coatings one would purchase
    3- With a staple of 3-10 coatings available that meet each of your needs pertaining to the first 2, take advantage of sales

Post Thanks / Like

Methinks 90% of 'real' coatings (removing obvious outliers like Mr. Fix It and similar) will 100% satisfy 90% of users. It's when ya start looking for that extra 10% of 'personal goodness and preference' that the little differences in the products rise to the surface.

15. Likes The Guz, Coopers ST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Methinks 90% of 'real' coatings (removing obvious outliers like Mr. Fix It and similar) will 100% satisfy 90% of users. It's when ya start looking for that extra 10% of 'personal goodness and preference' that the little differences in the products rise to the surface.
    How are you liking the Nova NV (Evo, Jet) still? Think i settled on that.

if you couldn’t get Kamikaze what would be your second choice for paint? I don’t think i’m ready for the Kamikaze process yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast