autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CAR Dryers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CAR Dryers

None of my cars are ceramic coated.

I cycle through various spray coatings, Collinite 845 and Wolfgang DGPS.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have been using a dedicated blower/dryer for about a year now and would not be without it now. Previously, I was using a job site / leaf blower but I prefer the more focused flow of the dedicated dryer.

Any wax/sealant/coating will work for this type of drying. tI can take a bit to learn how to direct water off the car and not just push it around. It is debatable if this drying method is any quicker than just using a towel, for me its the ability to drive water out of mirrors, door jambs, emblems, grill and wheels. Also valuable for getting the water from under the spoilers of my Falcon's.

imo, metro vac should update their vacs (mentioned it a few times already). the one you have (and a handful of others) shown has a expanding/retractable hose, a locking mechanism for the accessories and onto the blower itself. with the amount of air these blowers push, you definitely don't want anything coming off when in use...

4. Likes dgage, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    imo, metro vac should update their vacs (mentioned it a few times already). the one you have (and a handful of others) shown have a expanding/retractable hose, a locking mechanism for the accessories and onto the blower itself. with the amount of air these blowers push, you definitely don't want anything coming off when in use...
    I wholeheartedly agree. Instead of spending money on Wayne Carini, they should stop using cheap hoses. I never even considered a Metrovac and really like my BigBoi Blowr Pro.

6. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Instead of spending money on Wayne Carini, they should stop using cheap hoses. I never even considered a Metrovac and really like my BigBoi Blowr Pro.
    btw, just because a company comes out with a certain type of product first (this can relate to all kinds/sorts of things), doesn't necessarily make it always the best/only choice. there's always room for improvement to make a good product (or idea) better, especially as time goes on. we have already seen this with many detailing tools/products...

8. Likes DFB, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the style of blower that would be 'best fit' also depends on the vehicles you have (if a hobbyist). While I could get away w/ a handheld/leaf blower type of deal on 2 of our cars, the other 2 (notably the 2019 Corvette) make a blower w/ a long hose and nozzle more appropriate. A few of the really irritating places on the Corvette (hood vents in middle of hood, rear vents on top of rear quarter panels, sunken back window where water really collects in the seams, etc) would make easily getting a handheld blower/leaf blower type of deal in there not so easy.

10. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For the truck I use the McKees 37 Turbo dryer. It has a lot of power and it really moves the water. It can be a bit cumbersome. I also use the Metro Blaster Sidekick for smaller vehicles and after rinseless washes especially on the wheels and mirrors. No matter what dryer you use, you still have to have a good quality drying towel to remove any residual water. The dryer does not eliminate every bit of water.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

12. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    For the truck I use the McKees 37 Turbo dryer. It has a lot of power and it really moves the water. It can be a bit cumbersome. I also use the Metro Blaster Sidekick for smaller vehicles and after rinseless washes especially on the wheels and mirrors. No matter what dryer you use, you still have to have a good quality drying towel (PFM) to remove any residual water. The dryer does not eliminate every bit of water.

It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Thanks for the correction. It definitely has to be the PFM.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UncleDavy View Post
    No matter what dryer you use, you still have to have a good quality drying towel to remove any residual water. The dryer does not eliminate every bit of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses! I ended up going with the Adams Air Cannon...
    Amazon.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast