autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CAR Dryers

Mike Phillips

Re: CAR Dryers

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post

Ego 580 or 650 on a coated car has the water flying off the panels.

You have both the 580 and the 650?

I just checked with Skynet, they are about the same, the 650 model offers 180 MPH and the 580 offers 168 MPH - we'll just call it 10 miles per hour difference and on a ceramic coated car there's probably no difference in water evacuation. (just a guess)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    You have both the 580 and the 650?

I just checked with Skynet, they are about the same, the 650 model offers 180 MPH and the 580 offers 168 MPH - we'll just call it 10 miles per hour difference and on a ceramic coated car there's probably no difference in water evacuation. (just a guess)

I have used both, I don’t currently own both. I do agree, I can’t tell a difference between using either when it comes to blowing off a car, water flies off with both.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a maintenance wash this morning and he has custom rubber floor mats. After i cleaned them and hosed them off i had my blower handy and, zap! Dry.

I hate trying to get a towel into all the ribs and recesses of rubber mats.

4. Likes dwaleke, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using my EGO LB765 more and more over the last few months. While it can't quite do the job as efficiently as the Big Boi, the connivence of no cord or hose is certainly desirable. With the stubby nozzle, the 765 is a brilliant solution.

I mention all that because I would definitely pay the extra for the LB765. I bought my father a LB530 for Christmas, not for drying a car, just general yard cleaning ect.

I had a chance to use it today and it certainly lacks the grunt of the 765, requiring the boost button more often too. I also didn't like the lag that seems to be built into the throttle trigger, whereas my 765 has instant throttle response.

So, if you are trying to save a few bucks, I would hold out for the 765. I think you would be disappointed with the 530, it just lacks the output for efficient use on a car.

7. Likes BadgerRivFan, opie, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I dried my car with the 765 on Friday and it’s just so much better than all other blowers I’ve had in the past. The power is fantastic and having no cords just make it extra nice.
    Bruno Soares

9. Likes BadgerRivFan, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I have been using my EGO LB765 more and more over the last few months. While it can't quite do the job as efficiently as the Big Boi, the connivence of no cord or hose is certainly desirable. With the stubby nozzle, the 765 is a brilliant solution.

I mention all that because I would definitely pay the extra for the LB765. I bought my father a LB530 for Christmas, not for drying a car, just general yard cleaning ect.

I had a chance to use it today and it certainly lacks the grunt of the 765, requiring the boost button more often too. I also didn't like the lag that seems to be built into the throttle trigger, whereas my 765 has instant throttle response.

So, if you are trying to save a few bucks, I would hold out for the 765. I think you would be disappointed with the 530, it just lacks the output for efficient use on a car.
    There are some other models in between as well (615 and 650 cfm). Haven't tried them.

Post Thanks / Like

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !

Telegram: Contact @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram Make 1000% and more within 1 day, join channel @pump_upp !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    There are some other models in between as well (615 and 650 cfm). Haven't tried them.
    I have the 650 and love it. Definatly has some power, so i cant imagine the 765 lol. Probly blow me backwards right on my asssCAR Dryers

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    My brother has the 650 and I’ve used it. Can’t really tell a difference in power to the 765, maybe if they were used side by side. But I can definitely hear a difference. The 650 has a higher pitch and hurts the ear much more than the 765.
    Bruno Soares

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast